Periodic scanners
HitmanPro
Norton Power Eraser
AdwCleaner
VPN and Privacy
Freedome VPN
Cloudflare DNS
Browser(s) and Add-ons
Firefox as primary (always run sandboxed)
Brave as backup
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Shadow Defender
Photos and Files backup
External HDD
File backup schedule
Manually managed on a daily basis
Backup and rollback
Windows Backup & Restore
Backup schedule
Manually managed on a yearly basis
Activity usage
  1. Computer games
Computer hardware
i5 7600K
GTX 1070 Ti
16GB RAM
1 TB SSD

silversurfer

Level 66
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
@harlan4096 how did you get Edge Chromium to work in Sandboxie? Every time I try to run it sandboxed it will just throw errors about plugins not designed to run sandboxed and ublock origin would crash. :cry::(
Edge Chromium (80.0.361.111) running fine here, Sandboxie 5.33.6, W10 Home 1909, browser extensions: Adguard, Bitwarden

Your Sandboxie issues seems to be related to Windows7 :unsure: You may trying the new open-source version 5.40.1

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 32
Verified
Same as silversurfer. Chromium Edge + Sandboxie (5.40.1) works fine here too on Windows 10. uBlock Origin is also installed.
edge.PNG

Wraith2020

Level 2
Backup:
- use a backup solution, with your External HDD, I would recommend Macrium Reflect which is free

Search Engine:
- change this to DuckDuckGo

System Utilities:
- stay clear of CCleaner, my recommendation would be Wise Disk Clean also free to use and Mr @harlan4096 uses this as well

Rest looks good to me, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

Changed search engine to DuckDuckGo. Thanks for the suggestion, friend.
I too was thinking about ditching CCleaner and going for other alternatives like Wise/Glary/Privazer/Bleachbit.
Since this is my gaming PC, it doesn't have anything in it other than steam games (which I all have backed up to my external HDD). So I really don't need a backup solution on this PC. In the worst case, I'll secure erase the SSD and reinstall Windows. And since I'm mostly a careful user, I generally don't get infected (only once in the last 5 years).

LDogg

Level 32
Verified
Changed search engine to DuckDuckGo. Thanks for the suggestion, friend.
I too was thinking about ditching CCleaner and going for other alternatives like Wise/Glary/Privazer/Bleachbit.
Since this is my gaming PC, it doesn't have anything in it other than steam games (which I all have backed up to my external HDD). So I really don't need a backup solution on this PC. In the worst case, I'll secure erase the SSD and reinstall Windows. And since I'm mostly a careful user, I generally don't get infected (only once in the last 5 years).
No worries friend, glad I can help.

~LDogg