Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro
Norton Power Eraser
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox as primary (always run sandboxed)
Brave as backup
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Shadow Defender
File and Photo backup
External HDD
System recovery
Windows Backup & Restore
Risk factors
    • Gaming
Computer specs
i5 7600K
GTX 1070 Ti
16GB RAM
1 TB SSD

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
@harlan4096 how did you get Edge Chromium to work in Sandboxie? Every time I try to run it sandboxed it will just throw errors about plugins not designed to run sandboxed and ublock origin would crash. :cry::(
Edge Chromium (80.0.361.111) running fine here, Sandboxie 5.33.6, W10 Home 1909, browser extensions: Adguard, Bitwarden

Your Sandboxie issues seems to be related to Windows7 :unsure: You may trying the new open-source version 5.40.1

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Same as silversurfer. Chromium Edge + Sandboxie (5.40.1) works fine here too on Windows 10. uBlock Origin is also installed.
edge.PNG

Wraith2020

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 19, 2020
Backup:
- use a backup solution, with your External HDD, I would recommend Macrium Reflect which is free

Search Engine:
- change this to DuckDuckGo

System Utilities:
- stay clear of CCleaner, my recommendation would be Wise Disk Clean also free to use and Mr @harlan4096 uses this as well

Rest looks good to me, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

Changed search engine to DuckDuckGo. Thanks for the suggestion, friend.
I too was thinking about ditching CCleaner and going for other alternatives like Wise/Glary/Privazer/Bleachbit.
Since this is my gaming PC, it doesn't have anything in it other than steam games (which I all have backed up to my external HDD). So I really don't need a backup solution on this PC. In the worst case, I'll secure erase the SSD and reinstall Windows. And since I'm mostly a careful user, I generally don't get infected (only once in the last 5 years).

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Changed search engine to DuckDuckGo. Thanks for the suggestion, friend.
I too was thinking about ditching CCleaner and going for other alternatives like Wise/Glary/Privazer/Bleachbit.
Since this is my gaming PC, it doesn't have anything in it other than steam games (which I all have backed up to my external HDD). So I really don't need a backup solution on this PC. In the worst case, I'll secure erase the SSD and reinstall Windows. And since I'm mostly a careful user, I generally don't get infected (only once in the last 5 years).
No worries friend, glad I can help.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.