64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Not available (Previous versions of Windows)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    None
    Sign-in Options
  • No device login security
  • Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    ESET Internet Security + Simple Software Restriction Policy (SRP)
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Custom HIPS & Firewall Rules
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes
    Browsers and Extensions
    Brave with all the shields
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    F-Secure Freedome VPN
    Password Managers
  • Brain.exe
  • Web Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner Portable
    Data Backup
    External HDD
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Windows Backup & Restore
    Frequency of System backups
    Rarely
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Computer Specifications
    i5 7600K
    ASRock Z270 Taichi
    16GB Ram
    Galax GTX 1070 Ti
    1TB SSD

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    ESET and AppGuard damn, that's a fortress. Personally I wouldn't use CCleaner and would use something like Bleachbit but that's just my love for FOSS and staying as far away from Avast and their telemetry as possible. Mind PMing me those ESET rules?
    I'll PM you my ESET configuration file. I have CCleaner blocked by ESET Firewall. You are right indeed friend, AppGuard and ESET make a solid combo while being extremely light.

Last edited:

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    REMOVED:
    AOMEI Backupper(In the rare event I get infected, I will perform a clean re-installation of my OS)

Reactions: harlan4096

blackice

Level 11
    Verified
    Does that ESET file just have the ESET ransomware HIPS rules plus the ones you mentions in the ESET thread?

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Thanks for sharing! Might check it out since it’ll save time entering each rule. They definitely could streamline the interface.
    I would recommend you to use SysHardener to tighten the security of your OS. SysHardener combined with these rules should be a great combo. Just make sure to disable script execution in SysHardener and enable constraint mode in powershell. Also use a good adblocker for your browsers since often users get infected by clicking malicious ads.

blackice

Level 11
    Verified
    I would recommend you to use SysHardener to tighten the security of your OS. SysHardener combined with these rules should be a great combo. Just make sure to disable script execution in SysHardener and enable constraint mode in powershell. Also use a good adblocker for your browsers since often users get infected by clicking malicious ads.
    I actually was planning on downloading syshardener to go along with this already! So that supports my thinking. And I have been running uBlock Origin for quite some time to handle ads.

In terms of HIPS prompts when installing software, is it a large amount or just a few?

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Normally HIPS shouldn't alert you Unless the installer needs to access regsvr32, cscript/wscript, powershell, mshta and wmic. Since these are most commonly abused by malware, I have set HIPS to monitor their execution.

Wraith

Level 13
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Rollback messed up my SSD.TRIM wouldn't function and somehow the MBR got corrupted as the OS wouldn't boot. So I secure erased my SSD, reinstalled Windows and started from scratch. Most of the softwares are same.

Last edited: