Well-known
May 19, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
wsappx high CPU usage
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Try to update W10 but it wa yet up to date
Try to reboot my PC
Hello,
For 2 days I have high CPU usage on my PC when I'm not working , no software running, the responsable process is "wsappx".
The picks are at 15%-16% !
What can I do ?
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 / 19042.685
Kaspersky Total Security

PS: Thanks to admin for moving my thread to the right forum (y)

Last edited:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Just a tip, reboot but turn off fast boot in energies options, because fast reboot don't let the PC complete shutdown, a version of the kernel stay in the memory.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Just a tip, reboot but turn off fast boot in energies options, because fast reboot don't let the PC complete shutdown, a version of the kernel stay in the memory.

Tried but no real change
2.PNG3.PNG
4.PNG

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I had this problem, store started to download, but then stopped. Store requires some services to be running, like Delivery Optimization and Storage Service.
Store exe (Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.App.exe) changes with the each update, check your firewall rules.

Till you find the solution, you might want to disable automatic updating apps as a workaround.

Also tested but no success, but I cannot do the 3rd option because I cannot locate the "store" file on the " Local Group Policy Editor." ??!!

1.PNG
11.PNG

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I read this solution that work, but will damage the appstore:

Link: Windows Store Process wsappx.exe Causes High CPU Usage / High Disk Usage – Solved

"I spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem as the system appeared to be writing continually to the c-drive which is an SSD drive on my system so I had to stop it.

I finally removed the two keys set in wsappx via regedit and all went back to normal (Clipsvc & Appxsvc)

I doubt if the Store will function correctly now but as I don't use it a lot I figure rather my harddrive than the store working.

What I find more worrying is that this problem has existed for quite some time without a fix, and this could possibly damage hardware! (SSD Drive
)"

Upvote 0

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Once time ago on a VM I had problems with WU after running random GitHub "Windows optimizer" scripts (never do that), disabling it with WUB rebooting and reenabling it again seemed to fix my problem

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
You still can do this, broke the store, and if you need double-click in my registry file and back to normal (or abnormal in your case).
Delete the two keys above, and if you need use my reg file to fix the delete files.

"I spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem as the system appeared to be writing continually to the c-drive which is an SSD drive on my system so I had to stop it.

I finally removed the two keys set in wsappx via regedit and all went back to normal (Clipsvc & Appxsvc)

I doubt if the Store will function correctly now but as I don't use it a lot I figure rather my harddrive than the store working.

What I find more worrying is that this problem has existed for quite some time without a fix, and this could possibly damage hardware! (SSD Drive)"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.