App Review Xcitium Advanced with OpenEDR Combined

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
So a ML based anti-malware?
I understand/think of it more it as Xcitium/Comodo's behaviour analysis but it's more than that. Some useful information from help files below.

From Xcitium Enterprise Help:
1701931144773.png

From Comodo Internet Security Help:
1701931200990.png

Present in both and if your not in Enterprise environment, you can just use Comodo Firewall/CIS. The Xcitium client is ahead in development from CIS/CF but CIS/CF final Beta due out before end of December with Stable planned for January/Feb.

There's an interesting old article on how to possibly test it on the Comodo Forum here.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I understand/think of it more it as Xcitium/Comodo's behaviour analysis but it's more than that. Some useful information from help files below.

Present in both and if your not in Enterprise environment, you can just use Comodo Firewall/CIS. The Xcitium client is ahead in development from CIS/CF but CIS/CF final Beta due out before end of December with Stable planned for January/Feb.

There's an interesting old article on how to possibly test it on the Comodo Forum here.
I have CF on a different VM, but I did create a Valkyrie Verdict account several days ok and yesterday I did try to manually test a file at Valkyrie, first with sha256 and it said that it was not a valid hash, but VirusTotal read it fine, then tried to manually upload the file to Valkyrie and it again failed saying try later. Does Valkyrie only accept files submitted by Xcitium app, or can files be manually uploaded for analysis? :unsure:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I have CF on a different VM, but I did create a Valkyrie Verdict account several days ok and yesterday I did try to manually test a file at Valkyrie, first with sha256 and it said that it was not a valid hash, but VirusTotal read it fine, then tried to manually upload the file to Valkyrie and it again failed saying try later. Does Valkyrie only accept files submitted by Xcitium app, or can files be manually uploaded for analysis? :unsure:
I you may have to register to submit a file. Click on Sign-in top right hand corner and select register: Verdict.Valkyrie.Comodo.com though I have found in a brief test if a few sha256's that I'd have to paste the sha1. I've only used it a few times myself as I believe samples submitted via CF etc are analysed through through Valkyrie.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I you may have to register to submit a file. Click on Sign-in top right hand corner and select register: Verdict.Valkyrie.Comodo.com though I have found in a brief test if a few sha256's that I'd have to paste the sha1. I've only used it a few times myself as I believe samples submitted via CF etc are analysed through through Valkyrie.
Yes I did sign-in (register). I'll try a manual upload again today and see what happens.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Oct 17, 2023
Yes I did create an account and signed in too. It is not recognizing sha256, but did accept & report sha1 as unknown, so I uploaded the file, and ran "forever" saying it was computing hash. Perhaps non xcitium non paying registered user is at bottom of priority list. Glad CF containment works for me.
and what was the verdict when you uploaded a file was it Suspicious or

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.