App Review Xcitium Advanced with OpenEDR Combined

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra
Oct 17, 2023
@simmerskool for me it works it analyses a file fast

@simmerskool Log in to Comodo Valkyrie Customer Login | Advanced File Analysis System and maybe try here
1702026270532.png

1702026433667.png

Malicious.JPG

1702032032739.png

1702032829684.png

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I

comodo method is more performance friendly
harmony sandbox should be more secure for pentesters / highly advanced targeted attack
All known malware isn’t advanced enough to bypass comodo or even come close to
Are you saying Harmony is better at dealing with advanced attacks and pentesters? Or are you saying they need to improve security against them?

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Are you saying Harmony is better at dealing with advanced attacks and pentesters? Or are you saying they need to improve security against them?
Specifically sandbox is better on harmony but unless you are a government that can be specifically targeted comodo will be more then enough!
And you have script analysis , virus scope , defender all to increase the chances to stop the chain early

Personally I feel really confident using comodo and it's only improving and I absolutely love their philosophy of sandbox that's likely the most performance friendly one in the enterprise

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yes Xcitium Valkyrie will be implemented in the latest stable release coming in January or February
so Valkyrie is not in the current beta 12.3.1.8104, or I just did not notice it? I have CF installed on another VM.

Last edited:

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Specifically sandbox is better on harmony but unless you are a government that can be specifically targeted comodo will be more then enough!
And you have script analysis , virus scope , defender all to increase the chances to stop the chain early

Personally I feel really confident using comodo and it's only improving and I absolutely love their philosophy of sandbox that's likely the most performance friendly one in the enterprise
Isn’t comodos anti malware bad though? I’ve heard people say it’s not good.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m
Oct 17, 2023
so Valkyrie is not in the current beta 12.3.1.8104, or I just did not notice it? I have CF installed on another VM.
The Submit File option submits the file to Valkyrie in CF/XF yes

VirusScope(Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis) is really good

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
For Info: File rating submission for instant analysis been part of .8012 as well as current beta though .8012 will have originally uploaded to CIMA which was Valkyrie's predecessor.

1702068680803.png

1702068621931.png

Viruscope part of both and enabled by default.

Current Beta includes Intel Threat Detection Technology to improve detections but disabled by default.

1702068833345.png

Should have 3rd Beta of CIS/CF in coming weeks though Endpoint version is in front in terms of development.

My device is only partially compatible for bypassio compatible so unable to test if that part of beta is working.

Now, here’s the game-changer that deserves a spotlight of its own! Comodo Internet Security 2024 brings seamless support for Windows 11, powered by ByPassIO integration. The result? A significant performance boost that elevates your cybersecurity experience to new heights, all while embracing the latest OS innovations."

Last edited:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Please keep us updated.
Will do.
The Beta 2 leaves some drivers behind after uninstall and I prefer the old Lycia UI so I revert to that theme when I run the Beta but they are working on an Advanced view for the new UI but in general it's quite stable and a lot of issues to be fixed in the upcoming final beta.
1702072830754.png

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
... or not
There are a lot of topics debating Comodo's effectiveness. The Firewall with Containment alone is all you need and you can run any AV along side of it. @cruelsister tests it regularly against the latest threats. It has taken years to be updated but it's firewall still does what it does well and Containment when configured properly has yet to be compromised and contains the latest ransomware with no issues. At the end of the day, use what works best for you. There are other products out there using sandboxing/containment technology of unknowns.

Anyway, with anticipated next stable release January/Feb for Comodo Firewall/CIS we'll see how it develops. Xcitium Enterprise producs are current and updated all the time. The last I heard, they're working with CF/CIS to bring it in line.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Isn’t comodos anti malware bad though? I’ve heard people say it’s not good.
Not as good as the competition but is nice to have especially for free
and helps with script analysis to reduce attacks against the sandbox

Checkpoints sandbox and behavior guard
is (probably) better, but comodo’s is probably great aswell. I’ve not used Comodo, but I hear positively about it here.
Each has there own benefits
And comodo should be great by itself and is free !

if anyone is spending cash on an av I would probably get harmony it's pricing is fair in comparison to to other endpoint products while being at least as good as the competition

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Comodo is mainly a whitelisting application. Signatures, VirusScope, Valkyrie, or any scanning (blacklisting) don't enhance its protection or usability. These scanning technologies only detect malicious elements in apps running in containment. So, you're already protected from malicious elements. If you're concerned about network connections from contained apps, it's better to set the firewall on alert or block mode rather than relying on scanners.

The user experience with Comodo will remain the same with Valkyrie, which is cloud protection that automatically determines if contained apps are malware. It won't automatically trust contained apps without human analysis.

Including a third-party antivirus database won't change the user experience with Comodo. Comodo doesn't run programs outside the containment based on signatures or scanners.

Comodo primarily relies on its safe lists. Signatures, VirusScope, and Valkyrie are secondary and don't improve usability. The issue for users is usability, not protection. Usability has improved greatly! Using cloud scanning protection is enough, and adding Valkyrie would be advantageous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 17, 2023
Comodo is mainly a whitelisting application. Signatures, VirusScope, Valkyrie, or any scanning (blacklisting) don't enhance its protection or usability. These scanning technologies only detect malicious elements in apps running in containment. So, you're already protected from malicious elements. If you're concerned about network connections from contained apps, it's better to set the firewall on alert or block mode rather than relying on scanners.

The user experience with Comodo will remain the same with Valkyrie, which is cloud protection that automatically determines if contained apps are malware. It won't automatically trust contained apps without human analysis.

Including a third-party antivirus database won't change the user experience with Comodo. Comodo doesn't run programs outside the containment based on signatures or scanners.

Comodo primarily relies on its safe lists. Signatures, VirusScope, and Valkyrie are secondary and don't improve usability. The issue for users is usability, not protection. Usability has improved greatly! Using cloud scanning protection is enough, and adding Valkyrie would be advantageous.
VirusScope is Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis and its excellent and amazing

For Info: File rating submission for instant analysis been part of .8012 as well as current beta though .8012 will have originally uploaded to CIMA which was Valkyrie's predecessor.

Viruscope part of both and enabled by default.

Current Beta includes Intel Threat Detection Technology to improve detections but disabled by default.

Should have 3rd Beta of CIS/CF in coming weeks though Endpoint version is in front in terms of development.

My device is only partially compatible for bypassio compatible so unable to test if that part of beta is working.

Now, here’s the game-changer that deserves a spotlight of its own! Comodo Internet Security 2024 brings seamless support for Windows 11, powered by ByPassIO integration. The result? A significant performance boost that elevates your cybersecurity experience to new heights, all while embracing the latest OS innovations."
XIMA(Xcitium Instant Malware Analysis) is Valkyrie Static and Dynamic Analysis in this case VirusScope
1702118556474.png
1702118666759.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.