Status
Not open for further replies.

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Hi All,

Since its first experimental release for Windows in Jan 14, XDM has gone through a lot of changes/improvements.
The main goal of XDM was to combine the features of commercial download managers into a free open source application.
Current stable version is 4.7 build 127.

Please share your opinions and feedback to improve XDM further.

xdm2.png

Features:
  • Download acceleration: increases download speed up-to 5-6 times using intelligent dynamic segmentation, connection reuse and compression.
  • Integration with ANY browser of ANY version: Advanced browser integration feature enables XDM to take over downloads from ANY browser or application.
  • Save streaming video from YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo, Dailymotion and many other video sharing websites. XDM supports DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) for New YouTube and Dailymotion videos.
  • Resume downloads even if the download link is expired.
  • XDM supports every type of proxy including Windows ISA, with NTLM, Negitiate, Kerberos, Basic authentication, automatic proxy configuration scripts etc.
  • Batch download, clipboard monitoring, scheduler, download queue, auto shutdown, virus scan a lot of other features.
  • XDM is free, open source and available for Windows and Linux.
Project Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Seeing as this is open source I will definitely give this a try. It looks very similar to IDM which is a very good thing.

Last edited:

lordjhb22

Aug 7, 2014
I havent tested it. All my concern is the download bubble for video and audio. if that is same as IDM, Im in!

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I havent tested it. All my concern is the download bubble for video and audio. if that is same as IDM, Im in!
XDM shows notification when video is played in the browser.
Please refer to the first image posted above.
Video details(size,resolution,type) is shown in media grabber.

Reactions: Kent and lordjhb22
D

Deleted member 2913

I have tested XDM & like it.
Plzz guys try, support & give your valuable feedback to develop, improve & enhance XDM.

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
There are already already so many download managers are there, why bother with a new one?
Well consider the features that no other free download managers support:
1. Integration with ANY browser.
2. Save videos from ANY websites. (Including NEW YouTube and Dailymotion videos)
3. Works with Windows ISA, does not requires admin rights to install, best suited for corporate environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Hi subhro:D Using your download manager;it really speeds up the download.......Only bug that I could think of is that your app starts when windows boots up,there is no option to turn it off in the settings............

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
You can turn auto start off using settings-> advanced and uncheck the auto start option

Reactions: Kent

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
like what im seeing but couple of things/questions:
1.does IDM knows about this? :D
2.before i download and try this, will it remain open source in the future?
3.does it support 480p in youtube?

thank you

eastern

Mar 29, 2015
new version of XDM 5 Beta really attractive i think XDM will be promising downloader from now on :)

Mossman

May 1, 2015
Hi,

I'm a newbie here.

Can this save live, streaming video? I used to use EagleGet integrated with Chrome, but it no longer records live video streams - at least not for me. It works for every fixed size file: flv, PDF, exe, etc., but not live stuff.

I've installed XDM 4.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.