Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Dani Excuse me, you have more investigated about the slowdown of Xvirus in tests against ransomware I have done? Can I send you some logs?

I believe it was the overload of new files running on the system that caused Xvirus to slowdown the UI, but even with the UI slow/not responding, the engine is still working in the background (It works on a diferent thread) so it should still be blocking the files.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Hey, i think Bitdefender has ""aquele problema"" to block some inoffensive pages...
BB.PNG

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

I have read that you plan to add voodooAI to xvirus. Do you have an estimate date for this? Is this right or not

With best Regards
Mops22

Yes, but I'm still testing the integration with VoodooAI. If all goes well it will be available in the next update in 1/3 weeks alongside much needed improvements.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Yes, but I'm still testing the integration with VoodooAI. If all goes well it will be available in the next update in 1/3 weeks alongside much needed improvements.
That's really awesome brother!
I had a question regarding the detections made by XVirus. Can the detection names be provided with more details about the threat? It mostly says "Malware".
Most of the times, XVirus detects a lot of threats among the samples but a few are PUPs or FPs (because of Heuristics mostly). More details can provide better insights and help take action for regular users :)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
That's really awesome brother!
I had a question regarding the detections made by XVirus. Can the detection names be provided with more details about the threat? It mostly says "Malware".
Most of the times, XVirus detects a lot of threats among the samples but a few are PUPs or FPs (because of Heuristics mostly). More details can provide better insights and help take action for regular users :)

Because I don't have a big team to help me with signatures I made that sacrifice and every sample detected by the signatures are just named "Malware". Only the heuristics and generic signatures have the detection name. I know that would be a nice feature to have, but for now It is something that I can't do to keep up the frequent signature updates rolling. But thanks for ideia, maybe in the future who knows?

@Dani Santos after that step i think Xvirus will be great even as a standalone security software.
I can't wait for your upgrade to test it.

Thank you. I hope it works well :)

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 GUI Bug 01:

Can you move it a little to the left so that all points are exactly one under each other

Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 01 + Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 02:

Can you send the 2 Files to Eset please I send the boths Files via PM to you

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 01.jpg
    Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 01.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 414
  • Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 02.jpg
    Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 02.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 502
  • Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 GUI Bug 01.jpg
    Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 GUI Bug 01.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 464

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 GUI Bug 01:

Can you move it a little to the left so that all points are exactly one under each other

Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 01 + Xvirus Anti Malware 7.0.5.0 FP 02:

Can you send the 2 Files to Eset please I send the boths Files via PM to you

With best Regards
Mops21

The second file is a really old version of Xvirus. But Ill report both fp and fix the positioning.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.