From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hey Dani, I totally understand!
How much does your quick scan differ than the quick scan of other AMs? Besides heuristics, can there be other factors involved like the method and framework you're using, the coverage of scan locations etc. (you might be able to gather more insights here) :) I wouldn't be sure about excluding System files though.

Yes, of course Xvirus being developed in .NET Framework the scan speed will be slower than other's Anti-Malware in native code (as an example if the code being slower 0,5s slower scanning each file, 1000 files later you already lost by 8:20 minutes). About the scan locations Xvirus scans the most common paths like any other memory, startup, system files,ect. So what makes it slower is the heuristics engine, the smaller whitelist of known files and the use of .NET for developing.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Yes, of course Xvirus being developed in .NET Framework the scan speed will be slower than other's Anti-Malware in native code (as an example if the code being slower 0,5s slower scanning each file, 1000 files later you already lost by 8:20 minutes). About the scan locations Xvirus scans the most common paths like any other memory, startup, system files,ect. So what makes it slower is the heuristics engine, the smaller whitelist of known files and the use of .NET for developing.
Not a considerable issue when the AM product does great..
I'm sure you'll be making things even better. Good day!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
The post 25 should be fixed. If it isn't tell me and I'll check again. All the translation problems will also be fixed

Thank you very much for your informations. Can you re check my post 25 please the issue is too when you close the Icon in the systray is the settings gone from Höchste to Hoch

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
175-195MB in the taskmanger while idle, is that not a bit heavy for this app?

/W
It's necessary to have the database always loaded and ready to scan a file. Also most pc's have at least 4gb of ram which 200mb isn't that much plus most offline antivirus and anti-malware use that too. You can check malware bytes and bitdefender free as examples.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
It's necessary to have the database always loaded and ready to scan a file. Also most pc's have at least 4gb of ram which 200mb isn't that much plus most offline antivirus and anti-malware use that too. You can check malware bytes and bitdefender free as examples.

That explains it, I do not know why I was under the impression that this was a "cloud-app", hence my question.
Is it possible to use it as such, only scan suspicious files in the cloud?
As under: settings, system guard?

Yes Wave, I know there are tech to conceal mem usage. ;)

/W

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
That explains it, I do not know why I was under the impression that this was a "cloud-app", hence my question.
Is it possible to use it as such, only scan suspicious files in the cloud?
As under: settings, system guard?

Yes Wave, I know there are tech to conceal mem usage. ;)

/W
Yes. You simply disable the file guard and only enable the System(behavior) guard. But the ram usage will be there because the database is always in memory. But I could make a option for it on the next update if you want :)

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Great, why not!
Maybe a predefined setting to run the app as a pure behavior blocker?
If it is possible and make sense of course.

/W

Xvirus will never compete with a good behavior blocker. But yes I can make a signature less mode, so it detects malware based only on behavior and cloud analysis:)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Xvirus Anti-Malware 7.0.3 - download
Changelog:
Added Swedish translation;
Updated Korean and Serbian translation;
Improved Quarantine Tab load;
Fixed a bug that would prevent the System Guard from working;
Fixed a bug that would reset some settings to default in some languages;
Minor bugs fixed.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Can you es check this please it is not fixednwith the new Version

With best Regards
Mops21

Forgot to update the German language file. If you want, you can replace the German file from the "language" folder in Xvirus Path with this one and it should be fixed. Or simply wait that I'll fix in the next version.

Reactions: JM Safe and DardiM

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Forgot to update the German language file. If you want, you can replace the German file from the "language" folder in Xvirus Path with this one and it should be fixed. Or simply wait that I'll fix in the next version.

Hi

Thank you very much for your info.

That the german word erstellen is not fully visible in the installer window right is not fixed

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Yeah. The problem nr 25 was fixed

Ah okay but the Installer is not fixed that is the german word erstellen is not fully visible can you check this again please i will post the screenshot of it and here is the screenshot

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirus Anti Malware GUI Bug 01.jpg
    Xvirus Anti Malware GUI Bug 01.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi

The new Xivirus Anti-Malware v7.x comes with File Guard, System Guard and Network Guard? What happens to the earlier Behavior Guard, USB Guard and Web Guard?

Thanks

The Behavior Guard is now called the System Guard, because it includes more than just behavioral protection, it has simple behavioral detection, but it isn't fully behavioral based. The web guard was removed because it was hard for me to keep updating the malicious guard signatures, so it was pretty useless to zero day phishing links (you were better of with mixing Xvirus Anti-Malware with something like adguard or avira browser safety than the old web guard). The USB guard was removed because the file guard already detects malware coming from external usb drives, so I think it was using Cpu power wasted.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The web guard was removed because it was hard for me to keep updating the malicious guard signatures, so it was pretty useless to zero day phishing links (you were better of with mixing Xvirus Anti-Malware with something like adguard or avira browser safety than the old web guard). The USB guard was removed because the file guard already detects malware coming from external usb drives, so I think it was using Cpu power wasted.
Good decisions to remove features that are otherwise made redundant by modern browsers & extensions. More time to focus on the core. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.