Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
It was a false positive, and I was trying to hit allow I think? But I was not quick enough...
I tried to check history now on the 7.0.2, but the app freezes and I have to kill it.
Bug?

/W

It might take a while to load when you click History. But if you wait it should start working again when everything is loaded.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Any infos for my post 25

And can you check this here please is the german word erstellen not fully visible

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirsu Anti Malware 7.0.2.0 GUI Bug 01.jpg
    Xvirsu Anti Malware 7.0.2.0 GUI Bug 01.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 444
Reactions: Dani Santos

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi I installed the latest 7.0.2 version and find that the quick scan took over 3 hours to finish ,is this normal or is there something wrong with my install? Thks
What are your settings?
If you've enabled any good combination of these for scanning (these increase scan time):
  • Unchecked 'Scan only executables
  • Unchecked 'Scan only files smaller than xx MB'
  • Low/Medium scan priority
  • High heuristics (it's actually default)
It can very well take that much time I believe.
On my Lappy, with 'Medium Heuristics', 'High Priority' and 'Scan files below 25MB only' checked, it took about 3 mins to scan about 400 files (less than 10% progress bar).
Main indicator is the progress bar. Currently it's 40% after 25 minutes!

So, scans are slow and deep.
If you've enabled some of the above settings I listed, those may variably but significantly reduce the scan speed.

@Dani Santos we would like you to look into it please. Thanks :)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi I installed the latest 7.0.2 version and find that the quick scan took over 3 hours to finish ,is this normal or is there something wrong with my install? Thks

It will depend on your hardware (cpu, ram, disk) and the amount and type of files it has to scan (executable files take more time than a txt or image file). On my machine it scans about 1000 files in 10 minutes.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It will depend on your hardware (cpu, ram, disk) and the amount and type of files it has to scan (executable files take more time than a txt or image file). On my machine it scans about 1000 files in 10 minutes.
Screenshot (100).png
It is bound to take more than an hour (or two) for the quick scan to complete. I've minimal settings as I mentioned earlier, to minimize the time taken..
Just for your info, my system has 6GB RAM, 1TB disk, 2.6Ghz processor. I generalize the time and compare with other antimalware quick scans. I don't know about the location/files coverage, but this is a lot of time unfortunately, for a quick one.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
View attachment 141487
It is bound to take more than an hour (or two) for the quick scan to complete. I've minimal settings as I mentioned earlier, to minimize the time taken..
Just for your info, my system has 6GB RAM, 1TB disk, 2.6Ghz processor. I generalize the time and compare with other antimalware quick scans. I don't know about the location/files coverage, but this is a lot of time unfortunately, for a quick one.

I'll try to improve it more, but i don't know what else can I do (without reducing protection), except to whitelist most known programs and Windows files. Disabling the heuristics will speed up the scan a lot but will obviously reduce the detection rate. And I also have other Anti-Malware for testing and I found it maybe a bit bellow the average speed of Zemana and Malware-Bytes.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I'll try to improve it more, but i don't know what else can I do (without reducing protection), except to whitelist most known programs and Windows files. Disabling the heuristics will speed up the scan a lot but will obviously reduce the detection rate
Hey Dani, I totally understand!
How much does your quick scan differ than the quick scan of other AMs? Besides heuristics, can there be other factors involved like the method and framework you're using, the coverage of scan locations etc. (you might be able to gather more insights here) :) I wouldn't be sure about excluding System files though.
And I also have other Anti-Malware for testing and I found it maybe a bit bellow the average speed of Zemana and Malware-Bytes.
True, I see that many anti-malware take usually more time than normal AVs and that is understandable.
I too think it's more about heuristics. XVirus does quite impressive detection, though, for the same, it takes noticeable time scanning each executable (the custom scans I performed) at mid heuristics and somewhat less in low.

I wouldn't even worry about the scan speed in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, they are competing with the big boys and they are failing horrifically
Yeah! Train's derailing and they're probably having tough time re-engineering and consolidating.
Their heuristic scan at the end of custom scans etc is a headache almost every time.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
I'll fix it next version

Thank you very< much for your Infos

Any infos for my post 25 will you fix it with the next version

And can you check this here please is the german word erstellen not fully visible will you fix it with the next Version

I have send you a new email to you

With best Regards
Mops21

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Thank you very< much for your Infos

Any infos for my post 25 will you fix it with the next version

And can you check this here please is the german word erstellen not fully visible will you fix it with the next Version

I have send you a new email to you

With best Regards
Mops21
The post 25 should be fixed. If it isn't tell me and I'll check again. All the translation problems will also be fixed

Reactions: Wave

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.