Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@Dani Santos hello mate!
I gave Xvirus AM a spin. Looks great. Strong heuristics.
I've a few issues to let you know about
  • When I scan a PDF file (or docx..) via context menu of Windows Explorer, it won't show up or scan the file
  • When I scan a ZIP file via the context menu, Xvirus scans it but shows '0' files scanned, as seen in the pic below
  • The UI has some text glitches as seen in the pic below
I've a suggestion, why not avoid showing 'Scan is complete' popup if the scan window is open :)
Screenshot (55).png
  • When I close the quick can results window (instead of pressing back), the next time I open XVirus, it shows result from previous scan instead of the main window. It will be better if it shows the main window since I 'closed' the scan result window last time.
  • The entry in context menu of Windows Exp says 'Xvirus Personal Guard' instead of 'Anti malware'.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I saw some strange behavior today after the initial scan, the popup to the right showing suspicious files just continued to climb up the screen and disappeared?
I was pretty hard to keep up and hit that moving target, hehe!

/W

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
@Dani Santos hello mate!
I gave Xvirus AM a spin. Looks great. Strong heuristics.
I've a few issues to let you know about
  • When I scan a PDF file (or docx..) via context menu of Windows Explorer, it won't show up or scan the file
  • When I scan a ZIP file via the context menu, Xvirus scans it but shows '0' files scanned, as seen in the pic below
  • The UI has some text glitches as seen in the pic below
I've a suggestion, why not avoid showing 'Scan is complete' popup if the scan window is open :)
View attachment 140749
  • When I close the quick can results window (instead of pressing back), the next time I open XVirus, it shows result from previous scan instead of the main window. It will be better if it shows the main window since I 'closed' the scan result window last time.
  • The entry in context menu of Windows Exp says 'Xvirus Personal Guard' instead of 'Anti malware'.

How many files did you select for the first 2 to happen? I'll take a look at the 3rd and 4th reported issue

Reactions: BugCode and Wave

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
How many files did you select for the first 2 to happen? I'll take a look at the 3rd and 4th reported issue
A single file (pdf, doc, zip) in each case.
Sometimes, it will popup, run an update but won't scan. Other times, it just won't do anything (in case of non executables).
EDIT: It worked for me once in case of exes. Now it doesn't work even in case of exe/msi. It pops up, updates and then gets still.
Was it password protected? and maybe @Dani Santos didn't add archive scanning yet, not sure
Simple pdf and doc files. The zip was also not password-protected.
Not a bug, it's a feature.
Like a boss :cool:;)

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Dani, another thing is that it fails to load at startup from time to time.
Tested this with same results both in VM Win 7 Pro and host Win 10 Pro.

/W

Reactions: Dani Santos
W

Wave

Tested this with same results both in VM Win 7 Pro and host Windows 10 Pro.

/W
It's always worked fine for me during testing (sometimes I could have it installed for over a month for testing purposes). I think it's just a bug which you are experiencing, I've yet to see others mention an issue like this; strange that it occurs in both the host and VM machine though.

Try disabling the start-up and then re-enabling it, see if that resolves the issue. Out of interest, do you have any additional security software installed on the host/VM machine?

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Tested this with same results both in VM Win 7 Pro and host Windows 10 Pro.

/W

It already happened to me once, but it was only the icon that didnt load. When I looked at the task manager it was there. I don't know what causes it

Reactions: Parsh and Wave

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
It's always worked fine for me during testing (sometimes I could have it installed for over a month for testing purposes). I think it's just a bug which you are experiencing, I've yet to see others mention an issue like this; strange that it occurs in both the host and VM machine though.

Try disabling the start-up and then re-enabling it, see if that resolves the issue. Out of interest, do you have any additional security software installed on the host/VM machine?

VM =Comodo Cloud AV and host WD + VooDooshield, whitelisted Danis app in both of course.
I only have it installed in the host now and I did try your suggestion, lets see if that solves the problem.
Like Dani said I also experienced that only the icon was gone one time, but the service was running.

/W

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I saw some strange behavior today after the initial scan, the popup to the right showing suspicious files just continued to climb up the screen and disappeared?
I was pretty hard to keep up and hit that moving target, hehe!

/W
I checked every alert code and it should work well. Can you say what the alert was saying or send a screenshot?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.