Xvirus Anti-Malware 7

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Xvirus AI BETA is now available to everyone - download

This will be a big addition to the next Xvirus Anti-Malware version, so I won't to be sure it works 100%. The beta will be available for 2 weeks so try it and give feedback.

Hi @Dani Santos

What must I do with the 2 Files

Can I put it into the Xvirus Anti Malware Folder or

With best Regards
Mops21

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Xvirus AI BETA 2 - download

changelog:
Fixed a bug with the percentage shown in the results list.
Probably there are more changes.. Bitdefender detected the earlier version as a Trojan.Generic (FP) while the newer one is marked as clean ;)
Dani, is it that XVirus AM will use the XVirusAI or XVirusAI can be run independently?
I do not have XVirus AM installed and XVirus AI doesn't show any interface on execution. There is no right click menu on the tray icon either.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Probably there are more changes.. Bitdefender detected the earlier version as a Trojan.Generic (FP) while the newer one is marked as clean ;)
Dani, is it that XVirus AM will use the XVirusAI or XVirusAI can be run independently?
I do not have XVirus AM installed and XVirus AI doesn't show any interface on execution. There is no right click menu on the tray icon either.

XvirusAI right now is independent for the beta, in the future it will be integrated with XvirusAM alongside VoodooAI and the Xvirus offline engine.

Maybe your XvirusAI file is corrupt or was blocked? Here it works fine.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
XvirusAI right now is independent for the beta, in the future it will be integrated with XvirusAM alongside VoodooAI and the Xvirus offline engine.
That's sounds great!
Maybe your XvirusAI file is corrupt or was blocked? Here it works fine.
I un-quarantined the older version file from Emsisoft, set exclusions. Now the newer version (same name as the older version) worked. Emsisoft did warn about an attempt to download data invisibly though.
Thanks Dani, gotta test.

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
That's sounds great!

I un-quarantined the older version file from Emsisoft, set exclusions. Now the newer version (same name as the older version) worked. Emsisoft did warn about an attempt to download data invisibly though.
Thanks Dani, gotta test.

That's because XvirusAI works in the cloud and the exe just sends information about the file and then downloads the result.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Any chance you can add a feature to protect against PUP/PUA/PUS/PUM in real-time?

PUP/PUA - Potentially Unwanted Program/Application
PUS - Potentially Unsafe Application
PUM - Potentially Unwanted Modification

Thanks

Xvirus already protects against pups, pua, pus and pum.

Although the last one will be improved in the next version.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Xvirus already protects against pups, pua, pus and pum.

Although the last one will be improved in the next version.
But I don't see any screenshots here

Xvirus Anti-Malware

Is it protecting by default or need user to enable the features? For PUM what are the areas the software is protecting? Are the areas protected be like covered by WinPatrol as below?

https://www.winpatrol.com/winpatrol/

The areas are similar to those protected by Dr Web Katana as well under its 'Features'

Dr.Web KATANA

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
But I don't see any screenshots here

Xvirus Anti-Malware

Is it protecting by default or need user to enable the features? For PUM what are the areas the software is protecting? Are the areas protected be like covered by WinPatrol as below?

https://www.winpatrol.com/winpatrol/

The areas are similar to those protected by Dr Web Katana as well under its 'Features'

Dr.Web KATANA

It is in System Guard, which may alert some suspicious modifications made by some programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.