Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I am most excited about the portable version. Allows new users like myself to test how the UI, detection rate, and overall system impact is without too much downtime. If the new users like the portable version, most would feel more comfortable making the commitment to switch =).

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
New Xvirus Portable Scanner 1.0 Beta
download

Give me your feedback!
SPAVEH.jpg

Last edited:
W

Wave

I am really interested in how Xvirus will fight with ransomware or Zero-Day Malware ? I mean techniques not signatures ...
The project is based on the .NET Framework (VB.NET) and therefore the functionality is limited when it comes to security - especially for dynamic protection mechanisms - which explains why Xvirus Personal Guard focuses more on static detection methods currently.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
xvirus.png
@Dani Santos Am I suppose to post my feedback here to send you a PM?
Initial Feedback : I love it! First Impression : Lighter and less cpu and ram consumed during active scan. WIll test it against new sample posted in HUB and PM you feedbacks. Is it possible to add an context menu to portable apps?

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Reactions: Svoll
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.