Xvirus Personal Guard - feedback and bug reports (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
New Xvirus Personal Guard 5.3.3 - Download
Changelog:
-Added new heuristic level setting (to reduce false positives);
-The behavior guard now checks online whitelist before alerting;
-Fixed USB scan not starting;
-Fixed web guard not starting in some cases;
-Fixed "restore settings to default"
-Fixed scan logs.

Last edited:

TrHDuy1203

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2015
Xvirus still detects files I sent as threats (all are Troạn.Dropper or Trojan.Kryptik).
Bug:
  • Xvirus won't scan multiple selected folders/files and give a Scan Complete pop-up instead.
  • Xvirus crashed when right click on detected file > copy to clipboard in Threats found.
  • Tried inserting USB 3 times. The first time Xvirus asked to scan USB or not. The second time it gave error as my post above. The last time nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Xvirus still detects files I sent as threats (all are Troạn.Dropper or Trojan.Kryptik).
Bug:
  • Xvirus won't scan multiple selected folders/files and give a Scan Complete pop-up instead.
  • Xvirus crashed when right click on detected file > copy to clipboard in Threats found.
  • Tried inserting USB 3 times. The first time Xvirus asked to scan USB or not. The second time it gave error as my post above. The last time nothing happened.
- You can reduce the heuristic level to reduce false positives, but this will also reduce detetion.
-I'll fix this in next version :)
-I'll have to check what is causing the crash, does that happen to all files or just some?
-Did it scan the first time?

dSWwg.jpg

Last edited:
A

Antivirus Tester

Ashampoo detected the firewall as backdoor

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    325.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21043

Ashampoo detected the firewall as backdoor
This is Xvirus Personal Firewall. Not Xvirus Personal Guard.

Regardless, it may be to do with the usage of netstat by Xvirus Personal Firewall. (I do not actually know, I do not work at Ashampoo). Nevertheless, Xvirus Personal Firewall is safe.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Dani Santos

I have 1 File for you see my screenshot. I send the File to the E-Mail adress samples@mysecuritywin.com

Is you site down again

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirus Personal Guard 5.3.3.0 FPs part 1.jpg
    Xvirus Personal Guard 5.3.3.0 FPs part 1.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 411

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Attachments

• Xvirus Personal Guard 5_3_3_0 GUI Bug 10.jpg
    Xvirus Personal Guard 5_3_3_0 GUI Bug 10.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.