Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I do not understand why 1 star:
1)Xvirus is a free antimalware tool not a complete antivirus solution.
2) You did not reboot after the web test.
3)You did not show what happened when you reboot after the test.
4) I dont agree with some points.
- Bad detection - 48/60 is a 80% detection rate
- Very bad proactivity, he deletes the keys of startup - the keys and the files that creates the key
- PC dead - This is right.

M

Manzai

Thread author
Bad detection => URL
I have to restart that at the end the test, I do not understand why Xvirus wants to restart all the time the system.

For the HIPS, Xvirus makes that to delete the keys of start-up, for me a HIPS it is:

- Start-up
- Blocking if the malware tries to copy or to run a file
- Protection more advanced of the PC

I do not criticize your antivirus, but I try to help you to improve him ;)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Bad detection => URL
I have to restart that at the end the test, I do not understand why Xvirus wants to restart all the time the system.

For the HIPS, Xvirus makes that to delete the keys of start-up, for me a HIPS it is:

- Start-up
- Blocking if the malware tries to copy or to run a file
- Protection more advanced of the PC

I do not criticize your antivirus, but I try to help you to improve him ;)
Thanks and i apreciate the help and I know Xvirus need a lot of improvments, but 1star is low i think 2 or 3 would be the right. And the behavior blocker detected some files that you didnt count on the web test. Some malware dont let be removed while running so Xvirus suspends the process and waits for reboot to delete the malware before windows starts all apps. And it isnt a hips it is a behavior blocker it isnt supposed to monitor all files but just some key parts of the system, i will improve it on next versions. But you did the review so you decide. Thanks for your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.