Xvirus Personal Guard

Is Xvirus a good product? Should I continue developing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Poll: I think the UI has room for huge improvement, move away from the dark greys and green.

@Malware1 Are you part of the Xvirus development team?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It is a little difficult to read; all the text just "floats" everywhere.
Some of the fonts are too big for their controls and get cut off (namely the descenders).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
will have xvirus hips or sandbox for the future?

I'm not a developer but surely its a little complicated due to 3rd party framework (.net) wheras from the scratch part (C++) to obtain better handling of critical operation with control.

Sandbox: Obtain all isolated hardware types to run from an isolated system

HIPS: Requires in depth hooking to obtain the program trace of its execution.

Better yet @Dani Santos may say something that can be interesting. ;)

Reactions: Dani Santos

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
@Malware1 Are you part of the Xvirus development team?
@Dani Santos is, but I'm working with the code recently as well.

It is a little difficult to read; all the text just "floats" everywhere.
Some of the fonts are too big for their controls and get cut off (namely the descenders).
What do you mean? Which text gets cut off?

will have xvirus hips or sandbox for the future?
I'm not a developer but surely its a little complicated due to 3rd party framework (.net) wheras from the scratch part (C++) to obtain better handling of critical operation with control.

Sandbox: Obtain all isolated hardware types to run from an isolated system

HIPS: Requires in depth hooking to obtain the program trace of its execution.

Better yet @Dani Santos may say something that can be interesting. ;)

No, this is not planned at the moment.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
kram7750
You 15 years from now

CEO of your own company
Your Av tops all av-comparatives for the 4 year in a row
Avast Bitdefender Emsisoft Kaspersky have all filed for bankruptcy
And Microsoft has just made you a ten billion $ offer for your AV to be shipped with
windows 19 .

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I have found a bug in Xvirus personal guard not a big issue it might just be my computer. In the options I put when threat is found ask the user and I checked back later I think when I restarted my computer and it was set to clean. and if you can do you know how to make it so it doesn't prompt me with the user account control when ever I login to my computer
upload_2015-7-21_17-41-31.png

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I have found a bug in Xvirus personal guard not a big issue it might just be my computer. In the options I put when threat is found ask the user and I checked back later I think when I restarted my computer and it was set to clean. and if you can do you know how to make it so it doesn't prompt me with the user account control when ever I login to my computer
View attachment 66420
Are you using any program like shadow defender?

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Are you using any program like shadow defender?
no I think it is good now it hasn't reset. but how can I automatically skip the UAC message at startup when I log into windows and are you going sign xvirus so it doesn't say unknown publisher

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
no I think it is good now it hasn't reset. but how can I automatically skip the UAC message at startup when I log into windows and are you going sign xvirus so it doesn't say unknown publisher
There is a tutorial in mysecuritywin youtube channel

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
What I think is that you should get cloud checkup again and maybe send out your signatures more often because when does a new signature update come out if you get your signatures out faster it might help a few people

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
What I think is that you should get cloud checkup again and maybe send out your signatures more often because when does a new signature update come out if you get your signatures out faster it might help a few people
The problem is I need a better server to add cloud again and that is expensive.

Reactions: Secondmineboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.