Solved Yahoo hijack- Autoredirct searches from Google to Yahoo on all browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infected operating system
OS high Sierra
Infected device issues
Redirect from Google to Yahoo
Steps taken to remove the infection
Malwarebytes run. Restarted computer. Reinstalled browsers.

born2runhc

Thread author
Jun 27, 2018
Yesterday, I typed in a search into my Chrome address bar, and the results popped up in Google (as per settings) and then suddenly redirected to Yahoo. I tried the Google homepage, same results. I went into preferences, Google was still my default, but I removed Yahoo as an option, same result. I ran Malwarebytes, same result (i've done this four times since yesterday). I tried Safari, same thing. I tried Firefox, same thing. I restarted, same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and Chrome, same thing. I do not make a habit of downloading free software, and I don't recall downloading anything around when this started.

I'm on a Mac running High Sierra.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.