Firefox Portable
Vivaldi Standalone 64 Bits
Maintenance tools
Windows 10 Inbuilt
File and Photo backup
FreeFileSync
System recovery
Veeam Endpoint Backup
(Currently Backup on Another Partition Only)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can update Adobe Reader XI (v11) to their new Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. An over the top installation can be performed with no issues.

If you get it from Adobe, uncheck Google Chrome and Toolbar before the download.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Trying DC.
How to remove the right side panel permanently?
Preferences - General - Messages from Adobe - 2 options are there. 1st option is selected by default. Should I uncheck the 1st option? Should I check the 2nd option?

DC feels bloated. All those paid features, side panel, enable mobile link popup, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled Bitdefender Free & installed Comodo Internet Security.
Uninstalled Google Chrome & installed Comodo Dragon.
Uninstalled Rollback Home Edition Free.

First post updated.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Chromodo is the default in CIS installer, why did you go for Dragon?
I like the light colour GUI of Dragon plus it feels Comodo. Chromodo feels Chrome.

Yeah, Chromodo is default in CIS. And Chromodo installed, in Virtual Desktop Tablet Mode on the top right corner you get that green arrow that flips VD desktop. I have no use of that flip plus dont like it. With Dragon installed, you get Tablet Mode but not the flip & that I like.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
As you see my realtime protection is CIS & uBlock on browsers.
Should I add Zemana AntiLogger Free?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Heavens no. If you got a keylogger then your AV failed and your HIPS failed and your BB failed. If you think those aren't going to do the job, then get a [free] product that will.

The industry uses FUD to capitalise on the many Anti-This, Anti-That garbage.

If you do sketchy activities (test malware, etc.), then use a full virtual machine as fodder (VirtualBox, easy, free, robust), not a sandbox on your production PC.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled Avast AV Pro & Installed Comodo FW.
Comodo Firewall - Internet Security Config (Default Settings)
FW Option - "Dont Show Popups" - Unchecked

First Post Updated

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So you have no real-time AV now?
I had installed CIS suite. I had CAV offline database file. Imported the databases & was successful. About screen showed the databases. Checked updates for incremental databases but it started downloading the full databases.

The offline databases I had was 15-20 days old. Guess the databases expires after some days.

With Add/Remove... removed CAV.

CFW has Cloud for malware detection & works fine. For now I will go with Cloud... no CAV or other AVs.

I am going to install Win 10 as soon as I get it. Then I will look into security software & decide to go with.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.