Firefox Portable
Vivaldi Standalone 64 Bits
Maintenance tools
Windows 10 Inbuilt
File and Photo backup
FreeFileSync
System recovery
Veeam Endpoint Backup
(Currently Backup on Another Partition Only)
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
KIS 2017 installs their VPN service as a separate app, you can uninstall it if you don't want it
I know that but haven't uninstalled it yet.

My VPN use is occasional & dont require much data so I have a browser extension VPN & Kaspersky VPN...Kaspersky VPN free is useless with country selection not available.

I am thinking of removing both extension & Kaspersky & installing Avira VPN but haven't decided yet.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Removed Cyberfox 64 Bits Intel Portable
Removed Vivaldi 64 Bits Portable
Removed TunnelBear VPN Browser Extension
Removed Hoxx VPN Browser Extension
Removed uBlock Origin
Removed Adguard Browser Extension

Added Windscribe Desktop VPN Client (got from 50 GB giveaway, upgrade allowed)
Added Firefox Portable
Added Adguard Desktop (Default settings, EV certs filter disabled)
Added Lastpass Browser Extension (Free) in Firefox Portable

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
First Post Updated

Uninstalled Adguard Desktop...couple probs like log out from sites, sites loading loop, etc...
May try next version...

Back to uBlock Origin...no probs.

Uninstalled Windscribe Desktop...It is good...I have a very occasional use of VPN to unblock sites so I thought will use Windscribe Extension in Firefox Portable.

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
First Post Updated

Uninstalled Adguard Desktop...couple probs like log out from sites, sites loading loop, etc...
May try next version...

Back to uBlock Origin...no probs.

Uninstalled Windscribe Desktop...It is good...I have a very occasional use of VPN to unblock sites so I thought will use Windscribe Extension in Firefox Portable.
Good updates @Yash Khan :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
First Post Updated

Uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2017
Uninstalled Windscribe VPN 50 GB Promo
Removed uBlock Origin
Removed LastPass Free

Installed Avast Internet Security
Installed Express VPN
Added Adguard Desktop
Added Sticky Password Premium

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
How's adguard desktop treating you? I could never figure out how block custom ads on adguard unless I install the browser plug in, then I thought to myself, why do that when ublock does the same....
Adguard Desktop is working good. As per avatar, Adguard Dev, Adguard Desktop is much better compatible with Avast Internet Security compared to Kaspersky Internet Security, Eset Internet Security, Bitdefender Internet Security, etc... So I tried with Avast Internet Security & Adguard Desktop is working good.

Custom ads, you mean to block ads/anything not blocked on any website?
You can use Adguard Assistant, an icon by default appear on right bottom of website. It has options to block, exclude, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled AX64 V2 - It works fine for me. But periodically it takes full backup...guess after few number of screenshots or after certain number of days. Full backup takes app 30 mins on my system & system runs little slow during the task And full backup is app 35GB on my system so takes HDD space too (though you can delete all the previous backup after new full backup). There are no options to change the behavior & the behavior gets little time consuming & irritating sometimes for you.

Installed Rollback Rx Pro - Trying for now...

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
First Post Updated
Had uninstalled AX64 V2 & was running Rollback Rx Pro.
Now uninstalled Rollback.
Installed EaseUS Todo Backup Workstation
Can you provide your review for Rollback RX against ToDo WS (I have the basic version)?
It seems you installed Rollback, uninstalled, installed and again removed it :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Can you provide your review for Rollback RX against ToDo WS (I have the basic version)?
It seems you installed Rollback, uninstalled, installed and again removed it :D
I like Rollback, fast & easy.

You need to uninstall Rollback for major Windows upgrade i.e major Windows/Build upgrade in case of Win 10.
With Rollback installed, boot time is little longer & desktop takes little time to settle down.
Win 10 sometimes detects probs & starts it troubleshooting/repair processes, if this happens with Rollback installed, Windows repair processes can mess Rollback & so system unbootable.

Todo Backup WS - Basic version, you mean you are using Todo Backup Free version?

I find Todo Backup good.

Incremental Backup is fast & impressive i.e mostly few secs to couple mins.
Has Pre-OS console
I tried backup/restore, was successful, good speed, etc
I liked it And installed on my system.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I like Rollback, fast & easy.
You need to uninstall Rollback for major Windows upgrade i.e major Windows/Build upgrade in case of Win 10.
Win 10 sometimes detects probs & starts it troubleshooting/repair processes, if this happens with Rollback installed, Windows repair processes can mess Rollback & so system unbootable.

Todo Backup WS - Basic version, you mean you are using Todo Backup Free version?

I find Todo Backup good.
Thanks. Are you talking about those little problems like 'Network issues' etc. that OS detects and troublshoots? Or some critical ones? If that messes Rollback, that ain't good.
I was thinking to give it a try. Heard a lot.
Yes, the free version, no extra features

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.