Firefox Portable
Vivaldi Standalone 64 Bits
Maintenance tools
Windows 10 Inbuilt
File and Photo backup
FreeFileSync
System recovery
Veeam Endpoint Backup
(Currently Backup on Another Partition Only)
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Removed Adguard Desktop. Reasons -

Bug mentioned here that eats my limited bandwidth Latest Adguard Desktop Bug

I noticed Adguard loads little late & sometimes till then I have already opened browser so ads are not blocked i.e I noticed that if you open browser before Adguard is loaded then ads are not blocked & you have to reopen the browser.

And I dont use universal apps or have programs installed that shows ads so for me to block ads, etc in browser an extension is fine.

Added uBlock Origin - Currently I use Chrome & Portable Vivaldi.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Added Portable Vivaldi 64 Bits

I had 3 probs with Portable Vivaldi 1.2 32 Bits -
1. I use IDM & occasionally on some websites download was picked by browser instead of IDM And the same download was working correctly on other browsers i.e picked by IDM.
2. Sometimes saved password on some websites didn't worked i.e password was not filled.
3. Sometimes saved password/websites was blank in the Privacy settings i.e nothing was there And a browser restart use to solve it or sometimes browser restart didn't And saved passwords/websites list use to appear automatically anytime/next time, etc...

Now I have added latest release Portable Vivaldi 64 Bits 1.3
Lets see how it goes...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I custom installed Avast Free with File & Web Shield only.

Today Avast Online Shield was auto-installed in Chrome...I dont like this behavior.

I am giving Avast another chance...if any features get auto-installed, will uninstall Avast.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I custom installed Avast Free with File & Web Shield only.

Today Avast Online Shield was auto-installed in Chrome...I dont like this behavior.

I am giving Avast another chance...if any features get auto-installed, will uninstall Avast.
Now Safe Price was installed...I hate Avast sneaky, intrusive, etc... behavior... Worst AV
Uninstalled Avast

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Are you replacing Avast ? and if so, with what ?
Thanks for the share.
I like the idea of Avast Hardened Mode And was running Aggressive Hardened Mode & liked it...But Avast has become worst with sneaky, intrusive, malware like behavior, etc...

I have Kaspersky IS promo lic. And am also waiting for Comodo Cloud AV upcoming upgrade/version...I kinda like CCAV & have suggested something, they mentioned will be in the upcoming version. So lets see...either will install KIS or will be with Windows Defender & wait for CCAV release to see the improvements/fixes, etc...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.