Status
Not open for further replies.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Stop supporting russia
another thing I wanted to mention, the culprit of the war is not Russia itself, it is very selfish to blame all Russians, knowing that only one person is to blame and he is Putin, nobody else. As it is also selfish to judge a company like Kaspersky just because its origin is Russian. Greetings to all.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I heard Biden on TV yesterday, he is sanctioning everything going in and out of Russia. It wouldn't surprise me the least if Biden put a halt to Kaspersky from even being sold in the US. I'm from Canada, and since Trudeau is a good friend of Biden, I can see it happening here to. But it's not only software that may be black balled it's the Russians here and the US playing sports. I was watching a hockey game last night and this was one of the topics between periods. It is all very unfortunate.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
But they still a Dev department in Russia.

And?
We can also say that about the American Antivirus because of the NSA :)

Personally I used Kaspersky, and I always appreciate the product which offers an excellent protection.
And it does not throw you advertising every day as Avast 😁

On the other hand, I noticed that this thread leaves a lot on a political debate, and that's not the purpose of MalwareTips.....
A little disappointed with the spinner, stay on security, politics has no place here!!!

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Yes, we should talk a bit about the massive cyber-attacks going on in the Ukraine right now. They seem to be ruthless.
Anonymous hackers have declared cyberwar on Russia and have already attacked the RT website and other government sites, with 27% of the attacks coming from the United States. The President of the United States was offered to launch a massive cyber attack on Russia in order to disconnect Russia from the Internet, disrupt the country's energy supply system and the transportation system. Isn't it ruthless?

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I heard Biden on TV yesterday, he is sanctioning everything going in and out of Russia. It wouldn't surprise me the least if Biden put a halt to Kaspersky from even being sold in the US. I'm from Canada, and since Trudeau is a good friend of Biden, I can see it happening here to. But it's not only software that may be black balled it's the Russians here and the US playing sports. I was watching a hockey game last night and this was one of the topics between periods. It is all very unfortunate.
Today in the news they said that even Russian students in the United States may be expelled from universities. At least, one of the American officials expressed such an initiative. Nothing to say :) Democratic :)

Last edited:

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
And?
We can also say that about the American Antivirus because of the NSA :)

Personally I used Kaspersky, and I always appreciate the product which offers an excellent protection.
And it does not throw you advertising every day as Avast 😁

On the other hand, I noticed that this thread leaves a lot on a political debate, and that's not the purpose of MalwareTips.....
A little disappointed with the spinner, stay on security, politics has no place here!!!
Shadowra, we are not debating anything. We are all in a agreement that it's very, very unfortunate what is happening in the Ukraine. We are just getting everyone's view point of what may happen in the future of Kaspersky.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Shadowra, we are not debating anything. We are all in a agreement that it's very, very unfortunate what is happening in the Ukraine. We are just getting everyone's view point of what may happen in the future of Kaspersky.
Everything will be fine with Kaspersky. The situation in Ukraine will end soon, and I want to believe that in Ukraine after that everything will be fine for all nationalities - for Russians, and for Ukrainians, and for everyone else. Those who remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus in protest will install it again after some time, and if they don't, then that's their right. No one can forbid a person to "shoot himself in the foot."

G

Guilhermesene

So looks like we can use "free speech" Please tell me why you believe my comment #12 looks like in same way to what you wrote in above quotes?

I have no "concerns" about Kaspersky at all, I won't remove Kaspersky Free on my laptop, I may sometime this year just changing to another AV but that's for reason only it's boring to use always the same AV, but I always come back to K. no doubt about that ;)

I'm also disappointed about something here in the forum, but that has nothing to do with MT Staff what may deletes any thread/post from me, they found a reason so I have to accept!
Everyone can leave a certain forum for some reason but keep in mind even on other forums all people have to follow rules otherwise doesn't work same like in real life (offline)...
I didn't say I doubt Kaspersky. Interesting you come pointing this out because if I doubted it would not have renewed my license for another 2 years for 10 devices 🙂🤔

Kaspersky Total Security 2022-02-25 12.23.12.png

The only concern regarding the software is due to all this conflict and how this may impact the product on the issue of performance, security among other points addressed by other users here in the community (due to sanctions among other attitudes that were taken).

About the forum rules I agree with them, and otherwise I would not be here, and I'm not even questioning, just wanted to say that the topic I created was not offensive and not intended political discussions but the concern about the impact it could cause on the software.

Last edited by a moderator:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I didn't say I doubt Kaspersky. Interesting you come pointing this out because if I doubted it would not have renewed my license for another 2 years for 10 devices 🙂🤔

View attachment 264614

The only concern regarding the software is due to all this conflict and how this may impact the product on the issue of performance, security among other points addressed by other users here in the community (due to sanctions among other attitudes that were taken).

About the forum rules I agree with them, and otherwise I would not be here, and I'm not even questioning, just wanted to say that the topic I created was not offensive and not intended political discussions but the concern about the impact it could cause on the software.
Well, your concern or what ever has nothing to do with my post #12 you shouldn't mention me in first place, I said first nothing against you nor political about Russia/Ukraine. I don't like to be mentioned for no reason than just to rant why your thread were deleted by MT Staff. Feel free to rant about everything but stop to compare your stuff with me or my posts ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Anonymous hackers have declared cyberwar on Russia and have already attacked the RT website and other government sites, with 27% of the attacks coming from the United States. The President of the United States was offered to launch a massive cyber attack on Russia in order to disconnect Russia from the Internet, disrupt the country's energy supply system and the transportation system. Isn't it ruthless?
I am more interested in the attacks themselves not who is doing it. Like what type are they whomever they are using? etc. I still use Dr Web Curit and will continue to.

Reactions: JB007

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I am more interested in the attacks themselves not who is doing it. Like what type are they whomever they are using? etc. I still use Dr Web Curit and will continue to.
Where did you get information about hacker attacks on Ukraine? I am now reading the latest information security news in the world and do not see any news about hacker attacks on Ukraine. About hacker attacks on Russia - I see news (DDos on RT), about attacks on Ukraine - I don't see news.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@JB007 thanks for reminding me, I had not realized I was using AdGuard.

People may say that Russian companies and people don't make politics, but those same employees and people have a right to vote. People are responsible which politicians they put into power and the companies support politicians with funds to campaign. Putin was elected with an overwhelming majority. Electing Putin makes them co-responsible for the war in Ukraine. For me a good enough reason to uninstall AdGuard.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@JB007 thanks for reminding me, I had not realized I was using AdGuard.

People may say that Russian companies and people don't make politics, but those same employees and people have a right to vote. People are responsible which politicians they put into power and the companies support politicians with funds to campaign. Putin was elected with an overwhelming majority. Electing Putin makes them co-responsible for the war in Ukraine. For me a good enough reason to uninstall AdGuard.
AdGuard is affected by this:
Will you still use their optimized filters in uBlock Origin?

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
It was interesting to know all this. But it is not clear why Symantec did not name at least a group that could be involved in such an attack? "While the Wednesday attacks have not been attributed, the White House linked last week's DDoS attacks to Russia's Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (also known as GRU)" is the same as if the Kremlin said that in some kind of attack is the fault of the NSA. And it would really be interesting for competent users of the forum to explore this mechanism, test it here.

Reactions: Venustus
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

AdGuard is affected by this:
?
Noop, also made my own URL parameter filter list.

My son's girlfriend is born in the Netherlands (she speaks Russian and Ukraine) but her mother is from Ukraine, she has relatives in East Ukraine. People in Ukraine are asked to not share data on social media. but all Ukraine airforce basis are neutralized (runways bombed), the Ukraine heavy armory (tanks and armored vehicles) are destroyed by Russian airforce as soon as they move or are trying to taking part in the battle. What the Ukraine light infantry (and civilians) are doing against Russian tanks, helicopters and ground forces is insanely heroic.

Attachments

• my-ublock_URL_param.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
There is also a cyberwar going on between these two countries ... so all the malware they spread can contain bad things for users (customers) like us too ... so its Not only political , it involves security (malware,antivirus) too in some ways.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
People are responsible which politicians they put into power and the companies support politicians with funds to campaign. Putin was elected with an overwhelming majority. Electing Putin makes them co-responsible for the war in Ukraine.
Yes, people choose politicians, but none of the people are able to predict what decisions this or that politician will make in 5-10 years, what the situation will be in the country, on the continent, in the world ... Here, after all, you can blame the population in any country in any era, for example, the Germans who chose Hitler or the Americans who chose George W. Bush. Therefore, your accusations of the population of ANY country are inappropriate. And even more so, companies that are in no way connected with the elections and do not support any candidate for this or that political position are not to blame.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This thread went too far, especially the comments of some forum users...

Thank You guys for Your contribution, enough time for many forum users to rant / defend Your opinion, so this thread is amicably closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.