yigido's Config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
COMODO Internet Security (my all time favorite)
Zemana AntiLogger Pro
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger Pro (Pandora : enabled)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
> Opera 64bit
Adguard
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
Pure URL
WebRTC blocked by Opera built-in feature.

on ://flags changes
Win32 Lockdown : All Plugins
AppContainer : Enabled
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Windscribe VPN
SDAntiBeacon (All telemetry options immunized)
Secure File Deleter
Everything
ShareX
GeekUninstaller
File and Photo backup
External storage
System recovery
N/A
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/yigidos-laptop.62351/
Y

yigido

Thread author
Looks good and smooth this config, im using almost all softs like u, well except CISP... u think than CIS its good compared to CISP?
Whats CISP..?
CIS = Comodo Internet Security
here is mine.
2yToK56.png

Reactions: Logethica
Y

yigido

Thread author
oh sorry, CISP = Comodo Internet Security Premium. :oops:
CISP (Comodo Internet Security Premium) is the free version of Comodo. There is no lack of security feature in free version against paid ones. When you paid for CIS Pro you will get warranty and GeekBuddy support. If you bought CIS Complete, plus you will get TrustConnect VPN from Comodo etc..
Actually, the free version is enough for me. I cannot get some free feature in CIS from other paid products. ;)

Y

yigido

Thread author
Back to Windows 7 :) I made my config as light as I can.
I uninstalled all unnecessary staff, my extensions are so powerful which makes the same works of some softwares ;)
- Uninstalled VPN software (blocked in my dormitory to use :mad:) I will use proxy changer if I will need (Zenmate)
- HMPA3 added very good piece of software (even after trial period)
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit added, to my removal tools on USB
- Toolwiz TimeFreeze & Shadow Defender added
- QDir added (I really recommend this little software, very handy tool)

Maybe I will add a firewall in the future.

Thanks,
yigido :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Shadow Defender is absolutely terrific soft - and works really well with CIS.
Can you tell me if Shadow Defender works with Fsecure AV?

When I installed Fsecure AV, it mentioned SD not compatible & remove it.

What if I install SD after Fsecure install?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Can you tell me if Shadow Defender works with Fsecure AV?

When I installed Fsecure AV, it mentioned SD not compatible & remove it.

What if I install SD after Fsecure install?

SD may cause system re-boot to take a very long time or cause F-Secure\SD to malfunction - or all three to happen.

Worst case scenario is if SD malfunctions while exiting Shadow Mode, malware is still on system when reboot... unlikely to happen, but theoretically possible if some other soft causes SD malfunction.

In my experience SD is reliable, but it doesn't work well with all AVs on my specific system - eg F-Secure, Webroot, etc. Causes system and/or other softs to misbehave.

Who is at fault - the AV or SD ? The answer is neither - the softs just haven't been tweaked by the devs to be compatible. It is difficult to make a soft compatible with everything out here in user land.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
SD may cause system re-boot to take a very long time or cause F-Secure\SD to malfunction - or all three to happen.

Worst case scenario is if SD malfunctions while exiting Shadow Mode, malware is still on system when reboot... unlikely to happen, but theoretically possible if some other soft causes SD malfunction.

In my experience SD is reliable, but it doesn't work well with all AVs on my specific system - eg F-Secure, Webroot, etc. Causes system and/or other softs to misbehave.

Who is at fault - the AV or SD ? The answer is neither - the softs just haven't been tweaked by the devs to be compatible. It is difficult to make a soft compatible with everything out here in user land.
Thanxx for the info

Y

yigido

Thread author
Does SP works like LP but local databases only?
It has online cloud synch feature too, but it is a premium(paid) feature. The free version is enough for me.
It can fill the forms, this is what I love and it saves much time. This is why I prefer Stickypassword to KeePass.
No more online password managers!

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It has online cloud synch feature too, but it is a premium(paid) feature. The free version is enough for me.
It can fill the forms, this is what I love and it saves much time. This is why I prefer Stickypassword to KeePass.
Got it, thanxx.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Hope you know free version limits the accounts to 15.
As per pcmag review free version allows creation of 15 accounts only.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.