yigido's Config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
COMODO Internet Security (my all time favorite)
Zemana AntiLogger Pro
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger Pro (Pandora : enabled)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
> Opera 64bit
Adguard
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
Pure URL
WebRTC blocked by Opera built-in feature.

on ://flags changes
Win32 Lockdown : All Plugins
AppContainer : Enabled
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Windscribe VPN
SDAntiBeacon (All telemetry options immunized)
Secure File Deleter
Everything
ShareX
GeekUninstaller
File and Photo backup
External storage
System recovery
N/A
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/yigidos-laptop.62351/

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
@yigido , I am curious about which preset configuration of comodo are you using when you combine CFW with EAM?
As you know, Comodo has three preset configuration:
1. Internet Security - HIPS disabled, Auto-Sandbox enabled.
2. Proactive Security - HIPS enabled, Auto-Sandbox enabled.
3. Firewall Security - HIPS enabled, Auto-Sandbox disabled.

Reactions: Logethica
Y

yigido

Thread author
@yigido , I am curious about which preset configuration of comodo are you using when you combine CFW with EAM?
As you know, Comodo has three preset configuration:
1. Internet Security - HIPS disabled, Auto-Sandbox enabled.
2. Proactive Security - HIPS enabled, Auto-Sandbox enabled.
3. Firewall Security - HIPS enabled, Auto-Sandbox disabled.
Second one. I choosed "Proactive Security" but I keep HIPS in training mode. I enabled advanced Firewall security rules. Other rules are default rules of Proactive Security configuration. EAM's all settings are default.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@yigido, you've an amazingly fascinating set-up!:) Your configuration appears ever so :rolleyes:light!
No longer using a traditional AV whilst keeping Windows Firewall looks good (to mine eyes) and your decision for utilizing Zemana's realtime protection, alone, has remained a consideration of which I've only read of ...until now.o_O You, my friend continue to be a Vanguard whom uses the most innovative (simply light) applications to procure what every member wishes to have. Security!;) Your use of Windows App-container satisfies the exit of Comodo's auto sandbox, is that right? As for privacy, (now) I shall look into Windscribe VPN. Living in the US, we may not experience be blocked as often as some nations whom are; but privacy is a premium I'm very open towards. Plus your personal research counts for a lot in my book.:cool:
Thank you for sharing an extremely light yet seemingly securely arrangement!:D

I'll look forward to your future unfolding impressions.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2 :) Actually I uninstalled CIS because I am bored about AV..and I do not want to install CFW now..the new version 10 is cooking in Comodo's hands. After the stable Comodo Firewall 10 release I will try it ;) or I will choose CCAV..
See Boramurdar's posts about my current config, he also felt the speed.
PC: SECURE [STAFF] - BoraMurdar's System

About Windscribe, both privacy and blocked contents in my country..I do not feel that blocked sites in my local surfs but some image upload sites are blocked here. So foreing languaged contents looks awful, so I am searching for a good free VPN for a long time :) Finally I found Windscribe is best for me and very very easy to use. They have a firewall to prevent DNS & IP leak :cool:
hint it has green marks mostly ;) Maybe Cyberghost is good but the annoying popups make me wait everytime..I hate it, my time is valuable.

Actually the browsers "lockdown" settings are useless in my Windows 7 setup, those settings can't work with Windows 7 by design :( I have to use at least Windows 8.1 ..they are working very nice on Windows 10.
If you are using Windows 10 and apply those lockdown settings for your browsers security.

Yes, I do not visit bad sites as I did in past. So I do not need an AV continuously..more software more privacy policy leaks..
and we all know bare AV era is end. ;) We need multi-layered and default deny configs. I am trying to find those layers in one suite. to avoid more privacy policies ;) You know, I can make a setup with 5 software to get AV + Firewall + HIPS + Sandbox + Anti-Exe etc.
I pick up Comodo always because it gives all in one :) In the near future I will return to Comodo.

yigido,

You have tried VoodooShield?
I tried but the free version is not my type. Even I cannot see setttings. I select advanced mode but always asking questions.
Its usability worse than CIS. So thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Updated.

Removed
- Comodo Internet Security (I am alone with Zemana AL Pro from now on)
- Wise Registery Cleaner (it screwed up my Opera preferences, CCleaner is enough)

Added
+ Windscribe VPN (The best free VPN after my research, I found a voucher for this and I have 50GB/month)

thansk for sharing your config yigido and I do have to agree with you on the windscribe part , I am a hooked user also :) finally managed to find that voucher to get 50gb a month :p

Y

yigido

Thread author
I thought this not available in w7? :confused:
Actually the browsers "lockdown" settings are useless in my Windows 7 setup, those settings can't work with Windows 7 by design :( I have to use at least Windows 8.1 ..they are working very nice on Windows 10.
If you are using Windows 10 and apply those lockdown settings for your browsers security.
Did I say different thing :rolleyes:

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Added
ShareX - Screen capture, file sharing and productivity tool

It is great little software for every upload needs. There are many websites to upload your images and files on their CustomUploader list.
I recommend it, try!
An excellent choice!! :) It has so many features, functions and tools there isn't much it can't do. So much so, It's been my screen capture tool of choice for a long time now and I always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

What I really like about it is the fact it's constantly being developed and improved, and not become abandonware like a lot of similar tools have done.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.