You Have Downloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
You Have Downloaded - we show what you have downloaded: youhavedownloaded.com: http://www.youhavedownloaded.com/ - by IP, torrent hash or filename ..

I'm clean:
'Hi. We have no records on you.
This means you are using a private torrent tracker or, of course, you may not be a torrent user at all! It happens. Please, entertain yourself. Feel free to see what other people have downloaded. The search box is on the top. If you have any friends who use torrents, use it to scare them off.';)

P

Plexx

I do use torrents and I have this:

Hi. We have no records on you.
This means you are using a private torrent tracker or, of course, you may not be a torrent user at all! It happens.

Torrents used are not private trackers...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I thought talking about torrents around here on the forums was prohibited?

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
not all torrents per se, a lot of torrents are legit. As long as illegal torrents aren't discussed/advertised, then it's ok.

P

Plexx

Off topic:
I use torrents to download the games since the online games are big nowaways (over 1GB) and the mirror links are usually mmosite etc for direct downloads. Mmosite itself does host their downloads on torrents as well, plus I rather use a torrent client where I have control than using the bundled pando media booster etc on the online games downloaders.

On Topic: I tried using WOT on the other laptop to access the site and I am getting the same colours as iPanik. Does this mean users reported that site or is it false positive?

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
biozfear said:
Off topic:
I use torrents to download the games since the online games are big nowaways (over 1GB) and the mirror links are usually mmosite etc for direct downloads. Mmosite itself does host their downloads on torrents as well, plus I rather use a torrent client where I have control than using the bundled pando media booster etc on the online games downloaders.

On Topic: I tried using WOT on the other laptop to access the site and I am getting the same colours as iPanik. Does this mean users reported that site or is it false positive?

Read the replies on the WOT report and people are saying that the site doesn't work properly/is rubbish, not that it serves malicious software. A Virustotal scan came up clean.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
iPanik said:
not all torrents per se, a lot of torrents are legit. As long as illegal torrents aren't discussed/advertised, then it's ok.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Quote:
'My answer tends to be an unpopular one, but I believe most of this activity is simply wrong and unethical. I know plenty of people who would never dream of five-fingering items from a store, or walking out on a restaurant tab, but who routinely turn to file-sharing networks to download copyrighted content. Whether or not you agree with my views on this subject, it’s important to remember that file-trading networks are an extremely common and easy way to spread malicious software.'

Signed: KrebsOnSecurity.com: in this read for you here: Who Knows What Youhavedownloaded.com?: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/12/who-knows-what-youhavedownloaded-com/

But read the comments on KrebsOnSecurity.com, please, and get your new impressions, please ..

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I also see that: ,,Hi. We have no records on you.

This means you are using a private torrent tracker or, of course, you may not be a torrent user at all!"

I not a torrent user, because I not trust it. I download files only from legal sources.

I know not all torrents are illegal but I not download files from them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.