Attachments

• snip.png
    snip.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 398

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Im not insulting, but you may want to swap adblock plus > ublock origin. Or atleast try it out :unsure:

No problem! :giggle: I was using uBlock Origin for several years and recently installed ABP in FF to try it out. The end result compared to uBO was exactly the same, plus had little effect on browser (CPU/RAM); I don't browse much and stick to a handful of trusted sites like Steam and here. Everyone had different needs.

In Edge browser (secondary browser): Nano Adblocker and Adguard. Again, no performance issues but Edge has a RAM issue with or without these add-ons.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
On my Chrome and Firefox, I only use uBlock Origin and Decentraleyes for privacy, security, and performance. :)

But I might exchange uBlock Origin for Adguard for Windows soon to test Adguard again. :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
From a personal P.O.V. I believe these extension(s) to either be inferior, obsolete or unneeded, with reasons given:
- Poper Blocker (privacy nightmare, also previously removed from Firefox store
- HTTPS Everywhere (every major website including MWT rolls out HTTPS as default)
- Nano Defender (isn't needed with Nano Adblocker as the filterlist is in the extension by default)
- Privacy Badger (Privacy Possum is a much better alternative)

Extensions I use for Brave:
- Scriptsafe (blocks script, trackers, unwanted content, ads & more)
- Trace (privacy focused on many things)
- Nano adblocker (self explanatory)
- Click & Clean (deletes EVERYTHING when browser shuts)

~LDogg

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
- Privacy Badger (Privacy Possum is a much better alternative)
Better in blocking, but not easier to use. It is similar to ScriptSafe.

- Poper Blocker (privacy nightmare, also previously removed from Firefox store
Popups are actually bigger nightmare, most browsers stopped blocking them properly, besides it is great in blocking cryptomining in inframes.
It was removed from Chrome store as well, but re-added back after they made it clear, what this setting does, you can easily disable it.
capture_11162018_084009.jpg

- HTTPS Everywhere (every major website including MWT rolls out HTTPS as default)
True, besides my browser has this. :giggle:
capture_11162018_083728.jpg

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
For Waterfox, I tried several, but some kept breaking websites or slowed down browsing, so I settled for the ff.

uBlock Origin
NoScript

plus a few others, like BetterPrivacy, Canvasblocker, Decentraleyes, and some disconnect add-ons.

Reactions: tonibalas

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
Only 3 for me on my current browser (Slimjet)

- uBlock Origin
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Lastpass

I might give Brave another shot now that it supports add-ons.

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.