Results are only viewable after voting.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
In Opera is possible. Type opera://flags in Opera addressbar. It' will open Opera Experiments Page.

View attachment 138724

Do you know how to perform this in Firefox?

@brod56 as you can see there are many free set ups.
I would like to make a suggestion about the browser category.
At moment from a security point to use a chromium based browser or Chrome.
Chossing a chromium browser you can enable AppContainer which will really help your online safety.
I know for sure that you can enable AppContainer in Chrome and Cent browser.
About other chromium browsers such as Vivaldi, Opera etc i can't tell you because i haven't checked them for the availability of the AppContainer.
For more information about AppContainer you can ask @Umbra

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not willing to change to Chrome though, I find surfing with Firefox a much pleasing experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Fully automated configurations (for parents and friends who don't know much about computer)
- Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate (x86, x64)
- Avast Free (tweaked) without Hardened Mode (any mode) -> too many false positives for them to handle
- CheckMAL Appcheck Anti-ransomware Free
- Unchecky
- Windows Firewall
- CocCoc browser with uBlock Origin and uBlock Origin Extra + additional security filters
- Avira Browser Safety
- Windows Updates are disabled => broke or slowed down their machines significantly in the past + they don't want W10 or W10's upgrade nags
- CCleaner + CCEnhancer -> scheduled autoclean every Sunday 6PM
I sneaked Appcheck and MBAE (forgot about Unchecky) onto my grandmother's system and when I checked them next time both their protection was disabled. Damn sneaky old people. :(

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
You can't. And Mozilla is busy with other things and they're 'smallness' clearly shows being behind in technology so they probably can't for a while. Even Google and Opera thinks Appcontainer is still experimental.
Why do you think it's more pleasing?

Several things.
First of all, Mozilla lets me install complete themes and mess around with the interface components, which i just miss in Chrome when I use it.
Also, the Firefox mobile browser for Android lets me install the full uBlock Origin in the phone, which blocks ads and saves lots of data. And having the same browser on Android and Windows is always great for syncing.
No special reason afterall, I could use Chrome with no problem too.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Another question for you guys. Is Immunet worth installing side by side with another AV such as Bitdefender Free? I never tested it, but after checking this on Youtube, I was amazed.
Whats your opinion?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Another question for you guys. Is Immunet worth installing side by side with another AV such as Bitdefender Free? I never tested it, but after checking this on Youtube, I was amazed.
Whats your opinion?
it only has good signatures (1 engine is from bidefender) and an extremely fast scanning speed. That's it. Not a great product that worth installing. I was about to give a dislike for that video consider how bad that combo is

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
it only has good signatures (1 engine is from bidefender) and an extremely fast scanning speed. That's it. Not a great product that worth installing. I was about to give a dislike for that video consider how bad that combo is

Thanks. I suspected from the horrible interface, but still wanted some opinions.

D

Deleted member 2913

Currently, on my shared family system i.e average users, Win 10 64 Pro

Comodo FW - Proactive Config + Customization
Adguard Desktop - Default Filter + Spyware Filter + Customization
Unchecky

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
My wife's security setup (Windows 10 Home).
Daily account: Windows Built-in + SUA + SRP Default Deny + silent UAC + blocked scripts and CMD + blocked Remote Access (Remote Assistance, Remote Shell, Remote Registry).
This is totally locked account. No new programs can be run/install. The user cannot bypass SRP, because UAC window is invisible, and there's no way to write the admin password. Only system processes can run elevated, so the system works without problems (Windows updates, scheduled system tasks).
For browsing: Adguard DNS + Edge
Admin account: Windows Built-in + SRP Default Deny + Run As Smartscreen + blocked scripts (CMD allowed)+ blocked Remote Access.
Software updates and new programs can be run/install bypassing SRP by choosing "Run As SmartScreen" option from Explorer context menu.
"Run As SmartScreen" allows to execute files with Administrative Rights, and forces executables (in the User Space) to be checked by SmartScreen - even when they are not downloaded from the Internet.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast Free for Protection (10+ years in counting and still has no fault)
Zemana Anti-Malware + Windows Defender for scanning
Standard User Account (its a lot safer)
CCleaner (Good optimization software)
Google Chrome with HTTPS Everywhere (I have heard Avaria Browser Safety is good but never used it)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Avast Free for Protection (10+ years in counting and still has no fault)
Zemana Anti-Malware + Windows Defender for scanning
Standard User Account (its a lot safer)
CCleaner (Good optimization software)
Google Chrome with HTTPS Everywhere (I have heard Avaria Browser Safety is good but never used it)
Avira Browser Safety is good. It may end up blocking a malicious site that isn't on Avast's blacklist so I feel it's worth it. ABS always blocks first if both have the same site blacklisted though.

Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.