Your favorite software programs + Lifetime?

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Hello there, everyone:)

I really really needed a help. I wanted to trade my licenses for other software licenses..

But except for Sandboxie, I cant seem to find any other software that I would want...

Like.. I want Revo uninstaller pro portable and rollback rx pro, but their lifetime licenses are for current versions only i.e revo uninstaller pro 3.xx and rollback rx pro 10.xx

Sandboxie offers lifetime licenses for all version. Same Shadow Defender,too.

Please help me decide any top 5 or top 7 softwares u especially would want and that software also has a lifetime license for all versions...

Please list your top 7 softwares that you would want. Like in firewall category, mention one then in sandbox category, mention one, for backup, etc... like this which are your top 7 that you would want + they offer lifetime license for all version.

Please do help.

Regards.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
None. Usually lifetime licenses are not worth it for neither the developer nor the user if it doesn't grab it at program inception.

Lifetime licenses are a good idea but they kill many programs if you don't switch out of them fast. Investors want cash flow so this is why most programs went to subscription models.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
ZAL.
I.D.M.
Cyberfox.
Vivaldi.
Emsisoft internet Security.
Shadow Defender.
CCleaner.
Wise Care. 365.
:)

Can I add and an eighth Voodoo Shield. ;)
He wants programs that offer lifetime licenses though.
like this which are your top 7 that you would want + they offer lifetime license for all version

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
I just find it waste to keep searching for licenses. Softwares like Shadow Defender or Sandboxie are enough for me (if used right and learn about them) since I believe I'm at least an advanced level computer user, if not an expert. I just don't want to be depending on antiviruses any more. Sandboxie and Shadow defender I've heard their names from the day I've joined this forum, and they still are known as one of the bests. That is why I'm targeting such softwares and building a list of such softwares. And in other categories, too, like backup, uninstalling/pc optimization, firewall, etc....u all know the terms.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
We see a giveaway for this software and then we run to it and participate. Then we see another giveaway of another software and we try to win that, too. So for how long...at least we should have some plan...a list and focus on that and maybe after some time build another. So that's what I'm trying..
Antivirus softwares... I just think, if u cant get one license from any of ur friends or from a giveaway, too, it's okay but why to always keep trying to win more of it.. Build some alternate plans. Like learn to use Shadow defender or Sandboxie or other such softwares and then add it with our common sense + experience.
I think some of you can relate to me now. The struggle inside.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
hehe or you can think of it as your retirement plan list. You never know when your digital life here can end...so till that time, and as a memory, you should do the hard work to collect all you can, learn all about them you can.. It can happen that life may make us busy with some other important activity, so till then, if we have some list of softwares, their knowledge and the license to use it as much as we want, then that feeling is something else...

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
ok so my list, as of now is

Sandboxie
Shadow Defender
AppGuard
Internet Download Manager

Would wanna or wanted to add Revo Uninstaller Pro portable, Rollback Rx Pro, AOMEI Backupper Pro and AOMEI Partition Wizard, and some firewall which supports and offers lifetime license + upgrades to all versions.
My favourite firewall was Agnitum Outpost firewall but they have stopped development of it. I have 3 lifetime licenses of it still so yep, that much this firewall meant to me.

So here's how I plan this thread and the replies to be.

Wishlist in Antivirus :- Mine is none coz none of them offer lifetime licenses but I do like using ESET nod 32 from time to time.
Wishlist in Firewall :- Don't know of any that support or offer lifetime license and upgrades. But again, I like to use Comodo Free Firewall along with Eset nod 32 (time to time again hehe :) )

Wishlist in Sandboxing software: - I dunno which category to put sandboxie in. If even sandboxing comes under some other main category, but I want everyone to categorize the list by themselves or if u know the real term related to it.

And Wishlist of this, Wishlist of that and so on...

Coz then it would help everyone, not even me. Coz if somebody wrote glasswire then some people might not know which category it comes in, but only after googling it.

But still, no compulsion :) Post as you like, but really what you want (the softwares) :)

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Is there any good uninstall software with lifetime license (free upgrades forever). Revo uninstaller pro is what I'm using now but it has lifetime license for version 3.xx and then 4.xxx only and like that. So what is you favourite uninstall tool which also has a lifetime license with free upgrades forever.

Reactions: Rengar

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Is there any good uninstall software with lifetime license (free upgrades forever). Revo uninstaller pro is what I'm using now but it has lifetime license for version 3.xx and then 4.xxx only and like that. So what is you favourite uninstall tool which also has a lifetime license with free upgrades forever.
My favourite uninstaller is Comodo Programs Manager. It's free and automatically monitors just about any software you install, so that the software can later be completely uninstalled.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
For @whizkidraj and others, remember that AG's LFL is for v4 only and can't be purchased anymore.
Yes, mate, thank you ;) I have it. So I wanted to ask if I can continue using it. Like will it still provide a strong protection. Coz I don't want to pay for yearly subscription and all that.

Also, as mentioned here AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit
and here:- AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit

So AppGuard v4 should still receive "Version 4.4.6.1 will only receive critical vulnerability fixes" as said in the 2nd link, or have they changed it, too.

My favourite uninstaller is Comodo Programs Manager. It's free and automatically monitors just about any software you install, so that the software can later be completely uninstalled.
Still mate, any lifetime license with free upgrades forever software as good as revo.

Reactions: Rengar

Yes, mate, thank you ;) I have it. So I wanted to ask if I can continue using it. Like will it still provide a strong protection. Coz I don't want to pay for yearly subscription and all that.

Also, as mentioned here AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit
and here:- AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit

So AppGuard v4 should still receive "Version 4.4.6.1 will only receive critical vulnerability fixes" as said in the 2nd link, or have they changed it, too.

Still mate, any lifetime license with free upgrades forever software as good as revo.

Locked Down mode in version 5 is identical to Locked Down mode in version 4. In short, AppGuard Locked Down mode is Locked Down mode, period.

Use Locked Down mode...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.