Your favorite software programs + Lifetime?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My favourite uninstaller is Comodo Programs Manager. It's free and automatically monitors just about any software you install, so that the software can later be completely uninstalled.
What version do you use?
Which download link has this version?
And does it come with Bundleware from Comodo?
Comodo discontinued CPM?

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
What version do you use?
Which download link has this version?
And does it come with Bundleware from Comodo?
Comodo discontinued CPM?
I use v1.3, and it comes with no extras. It was released in 2011, and sadly was the final version.

It refuses by default to run under Windows 8.x and 10, but you can get it to work as follows:
Under Properties/Compatability, you need to set the installer to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
Once installed, you need to make a batch file to make all the exe files in the CPM folder under Program Files to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, as per my post. A final step, is to rename CPMPopulateDBTool.exe in the CPM folder, as sometimes this causes system slowdowns when it runs, and it is no longer useful. I renamed it to CPMPopulateDBTool.exe_.

It's a bit of work to get it running, but once done it works fine. I've been using it under Windows 10 for a few months now without any issues, and it has succesfully monitored many installs, including antiviruses. It monitors just about all installs without slowing down my system (and I'm not too worried about the occasional install it misses), I have not seen the dreaded boot loop yet, and it has not issues removing leftovers from software I uninstall, including deleting locked files when I reboot.

As always, in very rare cases, system changes not related to the program you're installing get monitored as well, so you need to review the leftovers before letting CPM delete anything. Also, sometimes CPM wrongly thinks that several programs are dependent on one another, and it will want to uninstall all of them when you try to uninstall one. However, you can get around this by uninstalling the program from Add/Remove Programs, and then you can open CPM and use it remove the leftovers.

Reactions: whizkidraj and Ink

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Adguard and Kruptos 2 Professional both lifetime and way too cheap :D
Kruptos 2 hmmm now here's some new software name that I hear :)
It's good to always keep learning about such new sofwares and that offer lifetime license with free supported upgrades forever ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.