Your Favourite Multimedia Player ?

Your Favourite Multimedia Player ?

• K Lite Mega Codecs (with Media Player Classic)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • VLC Multimedia Player

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • KMPlayer

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Pot Player

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Gom Player

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Windows Media Player

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I use Gom Player because it meets my requirements.:)

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I always used KMPlayer for video because of more control over subtitles settings in it :) , but some past builds seems to be buggy :( and some extra bundled applications (though they can be unchecked to avoid getting installed).

Now using VLC. It's very stable, fast :) ...but i am sorry to say that,
  1. VLC do not displays subtitles instantly if the movie is moved forward or backwards.
  2. in comparison to KmPlayer, subtitle sync is not so easy in VLC. (unlike KmPlayer, there is no subtitle editor in VLC)
  3. In KmPlayer, we can rebuild the synced subtitles and save it with a file extension, as .smi (i don't know if the same can be done in VLC)...so that we don't always have to sync the subtitles.
As far as i know, no other player comes close to the KMPlayer in controlling subtitles.

P.S.- I may be wrong in my observations mentioned above, so all other well-informed MT members are welcome to enlighten me. :D

Reactions: BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I always used KMPlayer for video because of more control over subtitles settings in it :) , but some past builds seems to be buggy :( and some extra bundled applications (though they can be unchecked to avoid getting installed).

Now using VLC. It's very stable, fast :) ...but i am sorry to say that,
  1. VLC do not displays subtitles instantly if the movie is moved forward or backwards.
  2. in comparison to KmPlayer, subtitle sync is not so easy in VLC. (unlike KmPlayer, there is no subtitle editor in VLC)
  3. In KmPlayer, we can rebuild the synced subtitles and save it with a file extension, as .smi (i don't know if the same can be done in VLC)...so that we don't always have to sync the subtitles.
As far as i know, no other player comes close to the KMPlayer in controlling subtitles.

P.S.- I may be wrong in my observations mentioned above, so all other well-informed MT members are welcome to enlighten me. :D
You can always try Daum PotPlayer (rebuilded version of KMPlayer) without adwares but with the same functionality. I have used the KMPlayer for many years but since the version 3.7 it is terrible, bundled with toolbars and with stupid commercials jumping in the middle of the playback.And it is much slower than the older versions. Until that gets fixed I will not use it.

Reactions: Venustus and Ved

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
You can always try Daum PotPlayer (rebuilded version of KMPlayer) without adwares but with the same functionality. I have used the KMPlayer for many years but since the version 3.7 it is terrible, bundled with toolbars and with stupid commercials jumping in the middle of the playback.And it is much slower than the older versions. Until that gets fixed I will not use it.

Oh yes, Daum PotPlayer. I forgot it.Thanks @BoraMurdar for your inputs.

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.