Your Favourite Multimedia Player ?

Your Favourite Multimedia Player ?

• K Lite Mega Codecs (with Media Player Classic)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • VLC Multimedia Player

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • KMPlayer

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Pot Player

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Gom Player

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Windows Media Player

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
I prefer PotPlayer due to its plethora of settings and native 64-bit support. I used KMPlayer which is similar to PotPlayer (same developer) but it became flustered with adwares and such.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
You can always try Daum PotPlayer (rebuilded version of KMPlayer) without adwares but with the same functionality. I have used the KMPlayer for many years but since the version 3.7 it is terrible, bundled with toolbars and with stupid commercials jumping in the middle of the playback.And it is much slower than the older versions. Until that gets fixed I will not use it.
U can block ads in kmplayer & i was watching wwe wrestlemania 30 ( almost 3 gb file ) in MP4 fomat & it was freezing a few times in potplayer so i need to move the seekbar to work it again. the video was in HD format. But i like both pot player & KM player though but sometimes i get a script error in KM player.

Reactions: Ved and Venustus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
U can block ads in kmplayer & i was watching wwe wrestlemania 30 ( almost 3 gb file ) in MP4 fomat & it was freezing a few times in potplayer so i need to move the seekbar to work it again. the video was in HD format. But i like both pot player & KM player though but sometimes i get a script error in KM player.
You can block commercials in KMPlayer by blocking KMPlayer with Firewall but then KMPlayer cannot play Youtube videos directly from it's window and freezes a lot.
PotPlayer cannot play Youtube videos directly...

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
You can block commercials in KMPlayer by blocking KMPlayer with Firewall but then KMPlayer cannot play Youtube videos directly from it's window and freezes a lot.
PotPlayer cannot play Youtube videos directly...

Don't use firewall, try this - Go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Internet Options>Security>Restricted Sites>Sites. Add player.kmpmedia.net and restart the player. now i get a update pop up from kmplayer so i'm updating it's version to 3.8. btw SM player can play yt videos :)

Reactions: Venustus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Don't use firewall, try this - Go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Internet Options>Security>Restricted Sites>Sites. Add player.kmpmedia.net and restart the player. now i get a update pop up from kmplayer so i'm updating it's version to 3.8. btw SM player can play yt videos :)
Does that option blocks the new "Box" they made it? Or we need it to close it every time when KMP starts?
SMPlayer can't go near the above mentioned players...

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
My first third-party media player was Media Player Classic, it was literally compatible with every kind of file extension and I was really happy with it. Then it suddenly started crashing on my laptop and I switched to Gom Player. Even if I unchecked every crap software & toolbar during installation, it somehow installed OpenCandy on my notebook. I was using kaspersky at the moment, it did not alert me anything but I saw the opencandy on its application manager in low restricted section. Now I'm using VLC and I really ask myself, why didn't I use it before :). It's light, compatible, pup-free, open source..

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Does that option blocks the new "Box" they made it? Or we need it to close it every time when KMP starts?
SMPlayer can't go near the above mentioned players...
btw i update kmplayer to 3.8 & after i launched it it shows popup update for 3.8 which i already done. how stupid ~v~

Reactions: Venustus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
btw i update kmplayer to 3.8 & after i launched it it shows popup update for 3.8 which i already done. how stupid ~v~
Their support is awful, not listening to users, new versions came up on majorgeeks and filehippo days before it gets online on their forums. Some obvious bugs still exists and they are introducing some crap that nobody cares about...
It's like having a house without walls but you are buying a new LED TV, Ultragiga computer and iPhone 5s

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Their support is awful, not listening to users, new versions came up on majorgeeks and filehippo days before it gets online on their forums. Some obvious bugs still exists and they are introducing some crap that nobody cares about...
It's like having a house without walls but you are buying a new LED TV, Ultragiga computer and iPhone 5s
yeah . btw, i noticed after update my KM player version is 3.8.0.121 & the new update popups for 3.8.0.122. i need to update twice, uggh..lol i'll better download kmplayer latest version from filehippo & direct update it next time, going to disable automatic updates . Also KM player acts like it's freezing when it gets automatic updates on my pc :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
yeah . btw, i noticed after update my KM player version is 3.8.0.121 & the new update popups for 3.8.0.122. i need to update twice, uggh..lol i'll better download kmplayer latest version from filehippo & direct update it next time, going to disable automatic updates . Also KM player acts like it's freezing when it gets automatic updates on my pc :)
Yep 122 version came up a week ago I think, saw it on majorgeeks :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.