Advice Request Your thoughts on Abelssoft AntiRansomware 2021

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I'm trying to decide whether to download this program or not. Is it trusted? Is it compatible with a free antivirus like Kaspersky security cloud free? And does it get the job done as it says?

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I think it's a legit german company that exists for quite a while. After all I wouldn't recommend using it, I would say their products are comparable to the products of IObit in terms of effectiveness. Why do you even want a standalone anti-ransomware software, when most AV's have a built in module nowadays. If you decide to pick a standalone Anti-Ransomware software, then you should take a look at AppCheck Anti-Ransomware.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
A quick glance: This product uses an exceptionally inclusive honeypot list (like 60 entries), but it also uses exceptionally high resources (so don't even consider using on a slower system). The one good thing is that it will force a boot into Safe Mode once a ransomware attack is detected (nice as any malicious startup entries can be resolved). The one bad thing is that it isn't all that good at stopping ransomware (not optimal for an anti-ransomware product).

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I think it's a legit german company that exists for quite a while. After all I wouldn't recommend using it, I would say their products are comparable to the products of IObit in terms of effectiveness. Why do you even want a standalone anti-ransomware software, when most AV's have a built in module nowadays. If you decide to pick a standalone Anti-Ransomware software, then you should take a look at AppCheck Anti-Ransomware.
I didn't know that free versions of AVs have this feature. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Venustus and plat

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Kaspersky allready has anti ransomware protection

If you want to have such Tool, appcheck is very lite and offers anti-exploit for browsers on free version, i have used it with kaspersky in the past

I would use with kaspersky free ( you really dont need)
Either voodooshield , Comodo firewall , osarmor, syshardener , andys tools or appcheck

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free along with SpyShelter Free.

Should I swap out SSF for Appcheck or am I fine with my combo concerning Anti-Ransomware? Thanks.

Reactions: ZeePriest

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
it is totally trash, it took me to safe mode every time I use it(although there is no virus), just use Kaspersky's one it is way better.

• Wow
Reactions: ZeePriest

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.