Littlebits

Retired Staff
1. Common sense- if something looks suspicious then just don't click on it, download or run it until it has been verified to be safe.
2. UAC & SmartSreeen- Never approve or run the unknowns.
3. Free AV of your choice- Avast, Avira or AVG.

Enjoy!! :D

I

illumination

1. Common sense- if something looks suspicious then just don't click on it, download or run it until it has been verified to be safe.
2. UAC & SmartSreeen- Never approve or run the unknowns.
3. Free AV of your choice- Avast, Avira or AVG.

Enjoy!! :D
Someone created a security suite called "Common Sense"? Might have to give that one a try ;) :D

Myna

Level 9
Verified
I'm thinking of trying EAM (don't want to buy EIS)
Been using NIS.
Any alternative to OA???

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroDay

skip10

ZoneAlarm AV and FW (Free) with Malwarebytes Pro and Hitman Pro (on demand). Works well and dose not slow down the system.

VectorFool

Avira Antivirus + Commodo Firewall
Kaspersky Antivirus+ Comodo Firewall
Bitdefender + Comodo/ Online Armor FW
Kaspersky Internet Security
Avira Antivirus + Online Armor Free

Sandboxie and Shadow Defender with every combo

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
As much as I loathe Internet Suites, the only exceptions would be ESET Smart Security and Norton Internet Security (not in any order). Edited

I haven't any preferred combination, but I could consider the following list of software for a decent combo, just pick and mix at will:
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Vista, 7)
- Windows Firewall (Windows Vista, 7, 8.x)
- Windows Defender & SmartScreen (Windows 8.x)
- Sandboxie for the odd occasions.
- Unchecky as the innocent bystander.

PS: Windows XP should be collecting dust now.

Reactions: Petrovic

Gnosis

PS: Windows XP should be collecting dust now.
Oh yeah, she is dusty. Just look at the inside of my tower. :0 Actually it is not to bad, but I do need to break out some compressed air in a can.

Earth, you are as stubborn on security as I am about XP. It is quite surprising that you "loathe Internet Suites".
So do you think I am a nut for still using Threatfire, though I have tweaked radically?

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Probably.

Suites are notorious for including unnecessary* features for a higher fee. Also is there any evidence that ALL Internet Suites have better protection, features and performance levels than their standalone antivirus counter-parts?

woomera

Level 6
Verified
@woomera

are you using chirons config for CFW ? .. still trying out the right setup for BB and HIPS activated in CFW, using it for the first time i hope to get some tips for maximized protection ;) ..
you can config it anyway that suits your need but they are both really light unless you misconfigure their BB settings and your windows will lag/freeze alot.