Your Top 3 Internet Security Suites/Combo´s

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
1. Common sense- if something looks suspicious then just don't click on it, download or run it until it has been verified to be safe.
2. UAC & SmartSreeen- Never approve or run the unknowns.
3. Free AV of your choice- Avast, Avira or AVG.

Enjoy!! :D

I

illumination

1. Common sense- if something looks suspicious then just don't click on it, download or run it until it has been verified to be safe.
2. UAC & SmartSreeen- Never approve or run the unknowns.
3. Free AV of your choice- Avast, Avira or AVG.

Enjoy!! :D

Someone created a security suite called "Common Sense"? Might have to give that one a try ;) :D

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
I'm thinking of trying EAM (don't want to buy EIS)
Been using NIS.
Any alternative to OA???

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroDay

cptredsox

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
1. Avast AV + CFW

@woomera

are you using chirons config for CFW ? .. still trying out the right setup for BB and HIPS activated in CFW, using it for the first time i hope to get some tips for maximized protection ;) ..

Someone created a security suite called "Common Sense"? Might have to give that one a try ;) :D

already tried .. its a resource hog ;) ..

skip10

Oct 8, 2013
ZoneAlarm AV and FW (Free) with Malwarebytes Pro and Hitman Pro (on demand). Works well and dose not slow down the system.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
Avira Antivirus + Commodo Firewall
Kaspersky Antivirus+ Comodo Firewall
Bitdefender + Comodo/ Online Armor FW
Kaspersky Internet Security
Avira Antivirus + Online Armor Free

Sandboxie and Shadow Defender with every combo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As much as I loathe Internet Suites, the only exceptions would be ESET Smart Security and Norton Internet Security (not in any order). Edited

I haven't any preferred combination, but I could consider the following list of software for a decent combo, just pick and mix at will:
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Vista, 7)
- Windows Firewall (Windows Vista, 7, 8.x)
- Windows Defender & SmartScreen (Windows 8.x)
- Sandboxie for the odd occasions.
- Unchecky as the innocent bystander.

PS: Windows XP should be collecting dust now.

Reactions: Petrovic

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
PS: Windows XP should be collecting dust now.

Oh yeah, she is dusty. Just look at the inside of my tower. :0 Actually it is not to bad, but I do need to break out some compressed air in a can.

Earth, you are as stubborn on security as I am about XP. It is quite surprising that you "loathe Internet Suites".
So do you think I am a nut for still using Threatfire, though I have tweaked radically?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Probably.

Suites are notorious for including unnecessary* features for a higher fee. Also is there any evidence that ALL Internet Suites have better protection, features and performance levels than their standalone antivirus counter-parts?

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
@woomera

are you using chirons config for CFW ? .. still trying out the right setup for BB and HIPS activated in CFW, using it for the first time i hope to get some tips for maximized protection ;) ..

you can config it anyway that suits your need but they are both really light unless you misconfigure their BB settings and your windows will lag/freeze alot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.