Advice Request Youtube Ads??

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I think I was logged in with my Premium acct, I think there was a hiccup in the connection as the ads appeared right after I logged in...? Running without ads now. I find a lot of educational content on YT as well as some hobby & fun stuff.
I very rarely use Youtube and not sure how accounts work, but I would think that if your paying for a premium account then that would guarantee no ads?? If not then what's the point of a premium account? I would never pay to watch Youtube.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I very rarely use Youtube and not sure how accounts work, but I would think that if your paying for a premium account then that would guarantee no ads?? If not then what's the point of a premium account? I would never pay to watch Youtube.
agree I think it was a fluke or snag in the connection. but disagree in that I find some interesting and worthwhile science & hobby content, so I don't mind paying small fee for no ads. I've done so much streaming in general during covid, now difficult to watch anything with ads. :(

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
agree I think it was a fluke or snag in the connection. but disagree in that I find some interesting and worthwhile science & hobby content, so I don't mind paying small fee for no ads. I've done so much streaming in general during covid, now difficult to watch anything with ads. :(
Yah, its just me, I rarely watch videos on my computer.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Mind you, I use LibreTube (Github) as my front-end for YouTube on android. However, for people wondering about YouTube in general, regarding the increase of planned revenue. This video from LTT is very interesting and informational for those who do not know, or understood, the other side of the coin.

Not picking on you just pointing one thing out regarding YouTube review "influencers" they all make the same facial expression (Blue steel Zoolander). It's like the duck face of the current YouTube generation. They all look like they are on a verge of either experiencing some epic full on liquid diarrhea and they are trying to hold it in until they make it to the toilet
OR a massive rectangular block is being shoved up their behind without the use of any lubricant.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Not picking on you just pointing one thing out regarding YouTube review "influencers" they all make the same facial expression (Blue steel Zoolander). It's like the duck face of the current YouTube generation. They all look like they are on a verge of either experiencing some epic full on liquid diarrhea and they are trying to hold it in until they make it to the toilet
OR a massive rectangular block is being shoved up their behind without the use of any lubricant.
These folks are like the thruhiker influencers on YT: "Hiking the PCT like Peyote Shaman - 17oz base weight!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Or Showing the younger generation that there was movie that did the selfie before it was trendy. *zoolander* 😆

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Did youtube change its ad policy in the last day or 2 (20 Oct)? Lately Edge is my default browser, and when I open youtube I get a prompt advising that youtube works better with chrome. So in the last day or 2 I started using chrome, but only for youtube. I opened youtube this morning, signed in and I started getting ad after ad adnauseum. Previously, I'd sign in and never had to watch any ads?? youtube / google loses in the end, I'll just stop using youtube if this keeps up. PS ublock origin, duckduckgo, and privacy badger extensions running but to no effect.
Why you switched to Chrome just because YouTube (Google) advertised you Google Chrome browser ? BTW you can use YouTube Ads free on Firefox with AdGuard, uBlock Origin etc plugin installed. On Brave browser though, YouTube will run ads free without any 3rd party plugin support the last time I tried. On other browsers I believe YouTube can be viewed Ads free with above mentioned adblocker plugins installed. Since I only used Brave and FireFox I can only confirm on that.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Why you switched to Chrome just because YouTube (Google) advertised you Google Chrome browser ? BTW you can use YouTube Ads free on Firefox with AdGuard, uBlock Origin etc plugin installed. On Brave browser though, YouTube will run ads free without any 3rd party plugin support the last time I tried. On other browsers I believe YouTube can be viewed Ads free with above mentioned adblocker plugins installed. Since I only used Brave and FireFox I can only confirm on that.
good info. thanks

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I am not sure if I understood your comment, in the brave browser, no ads appear for me on youtube.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
On Brave browser though, YouTube will run ads free without any 3rd party plugin support the last time I tried.
I do not call it Brave browser, but Youtube browser, it even allows a background playback on android, but there is a price to pay, it stops playing videos every hour or so, more often on android.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.