YouTube removes my channel...

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I guess you can narrow it down to one with a negative outcome and review. But in order to avoid going down a slippery slope again, YouTube should share more detailed and specific info about its decision. I also hope you restore your acct. but it seems you're up against a wall with this one. These mega-corps tend to be like trying to move mountains in these cases. Good luck.

I agree and will make a wild guess it was someone that frequents this forum that filed the complaint

icarus

Level 2
Oct 29, 2021
Hello,

It's with sadness, when I wake up this morning, that I receive an email from YouTube, announcing the suppression of my YouTube channel.

Reason: YouTube prohibits spam, scams and misleading content.

It is important to know that the world of cyber security is frowned upon on YouTube.
However, accusing me of spam or scams, YouTube must not have seen my channel!

Of course I appealed the decision. I don't know if I will be able to get it back.
Nevertheless, it is with disgust that I publish this message.

If I have to recreate a channel, I'll do it.

Thanks you all ✌️❤️

Shadowra
its sad i think youre test is the reason of that-a company who spend tons of money on fake test to go on top see youre test and say this cannel must be terminated! ASAP and the slave(youtube) say ok as you wish :unsure:im not user of utube but i bookmark youre channel in my bookmarks and every morning check that out to see whats new cz i dont have time for every day to come here and check all post its sad new for me and i must say dont worry those platform are joke keep it up even you upload the video on site like mega or any other platform:emoji_beer:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This sucks :(
Only thing that I have seen working against this type of BS from YouTube is social media outrage.
I agree and will make a wild guess it was someone that frequents this forum that filed the complaint
1-2 random users reporting wouldn't do this, most likely someone either reported with many fake accounts or some AV company (who didn't like review of their product) directly contacted YT about it. Did you try contacting YT through social media?

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Only thing that I have seen working against this type of BS from YouTube is social media outrage.

1-2 random users reporting wouldn't do this, most likely someone either reported with many fake accounts or some AV company (who didn't like review of their product) directly contacted YT about it. Did you try contacting YT through social media?

It's in progress, I'm not going to let it go

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It's odd that the entire channel was banned, as this is not normal. My channel was also designated as being subversive, but only certain videos were removed with the added blurb "we're not applying a strike to your channel". The appeals process is a waste as the same Bots that voided your channel will be in charge of the appeal.

My suggestion is to consider it their loss and to move on (or else produce some cute cat videos under an assumed name).

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am sorry but I did not mean random accounts. You mentioned all it takes is for ONE AV company to file a complaint, correct?
Well, are there any developers on MT? If so, have you created a test video of their product and if so, how did their product fair? Was it a good or bad review for them?

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Helló,

Szomorúan tölt el, amikor ma reggel felébredek, hogy e-mailt kapok a YouTube-tól, amelyben bejelentik, hogy megszüntetik YouTube-csatornámat.

Ok: A YouTube tiltja a spamet, a csalásokat és a félrevezető tartalmat.

Fontos tudni, hogy a YouTube-on rossz szemmel nézik a kiberbiztonság világát.
Azonban, ha spammel vagy átveréssel vádolnak, a YouTube biztosan nem látta a csatornámat!

Természetesen fellebbeztem a döntés ellen. Nem tudom, sikerül-e visszakapnom.
Ennek ellenére undorral teszem közzé ezt az üzenetet.

Ha újra kell létrehoznom egy csatornát, megteszem.

Köszönöm mindenkinek ✌️❤️

Shadowra
Sorry to hear that Bro! I like your job, and your videos. Youtube is sucks. I'm not guessing, but i think maybe competition did this, or the truth hurt the AV manufacturer. Please come back as soon as possible! :);)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Trust me on this- Cancellation of videos may have absolutely NOTHING to do with complaints by an aggrieved 3rd party vendor. It can, however, be due to words used or demonstrations of which Google feels the normal viewer should remain ignorant.

There are things going on in the Corporate space that are beyond troubling, to the extent that being canceled should be viewed as a Badge of Honor.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Trust me on this- Cancellation of videos may have absolutely NOTHING to do with complaints by an aggrieved 3rd party vendor. It can, however, be due to words used or demonstrations of which Google feels the normal viewer should remain ignorant.

There are things going on in the Corporate space that are beyond troubling, to the extent that being canceled should be viewed as a Badge of Honor.
Ah yes my fav shoe model. The Metaverse. Babra, it is coming for you LOL

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I would suggest maybe odysee . com which is a decentralized platform. Also maybe Vimeo or Dailymotion which has already been suggested. I am not sure which one is the most popular. I personally prefer Dailymotion over Vimeo, but Odysee is good, quite a few Youtubers have their videos already synced up to Odyssey for backup.

I really like your videos.

L

Local Host

Taking down a channel like that is not done by normal means, this was probably talked in the background between Google and some AV vendor.

Some kid reporting your video with multiple accounts is far fetched, Google has checks to avoid spam and false reports, would be to much of a chore to not get detected by those (not to mention only a video would get removed and at max you would get a warning).

I suggest you reach out through social media, going through support you'll just be talking with bots.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra Why don't you talk to the HUB members to see if they accept you on the team? It would be nicer, you would be an official testing member of MalwareTips and no one here would censor you ;)

Already requested

Taking down a channel like that is not done by normal means, this was probably talked in the background between Google and some AV vendor.

Some kid reporting your video with multiple accounts is far fetched, Google has checks to avoid spam and false reports, would be to much of a chore to not get detected by those (not to mention only a video would get removed and at max you would get a warning).

I suggest you reach out through social media, going through support you'll just be talking with bots.

I've already sent a Tweet, but other than telling me to be patient....

I would suggest maybe odysee . com which is a decentralized platform. Also maybe Vimeo or Dailymotion which has already been suggested. I am not sure which one is the most popular. I personally prefer Dailymotion over Vimeo, but Odysee is good, quite a few Youtubers have their videos already synced up to Odyssey for backup.

I really like your videos.

Thanks 😉
I may go to Dailymotion, YouTube I have a hate feeling

There are things going on in the Corporate space that are beyond...
Hi Cruelsister 😘

I had noticed that some videos of you were deleted...
I have an idea about the editor in question, but I won't reveal it here.

But I'm not giving up :)

@MT User : Thanks all ❤️❤️ I'll come back in video, I promise

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.