Solved Zdengo

CoryW

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Avira
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has knowledge/experience with the Zdengo adware virus. I am away from my infected PC at the moment, though I'm wondering if anyone had direct experience removing it (I can't simply uninstall from Control Panel, and it reproduces when I delete it and its decoys/duplicates).

Thanks,
~Cory

Operating System
Windows 7
Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
64-bit (x64)
Infection date and initial symptoms
5/28/18 - Performance slowed, constant re-appearance of deleted or "cleaned" malicious software. Amplifies.exe continues to run in processes, which I believe is associated with the infection. I found the source of the program and deleted it, as well as various other decoys, and the original Amplifies.exe returns.
Current issues and symptoms
Zdengo adware continues to appear in Avira scans. Avira can't complete a full scan, just quick scans, and it continues to find Zdengo adware and Amplifies.exe.
Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Have attempted to both use Avira, and manually delete the virus. Continue to find decoys, with the main Amplifies.exe file continuing to re-appear.
Logs added to Help Request
I did not upload the FRST logs (I understand that this will increase the time need it to clean-up the PC)
Last edited: