Security & Privacy Apps
Built in Mcafee Antivirus
Browser
Samsung Internet Browser
File and Photo backup
- Google Drive
- Transcend External HDD
Notable changes
I had to format my device so I'm now using the built in Mcafee Antivirus instead of Kaspersky internet security. I also kept 2 VPNs instead of 3. I might add proton vpn again in the future.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Here's my mobile configuration. No one uses my phone except me and I always check to make sure that it's secured and functioning properly. I use samsung's built-in phone cleaner and I scan it from time to time with Kaspersky Internet Security. I also restart it every couple of days or when I feel that it needs a restart:)

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Doesn't Samsung have its own built-in security by McAfee?
Is there still a need for another AV like Kaspersky Internet Security in this case?
It has! but I have deactivated it and installed Kaspersky Internet Security instead to feel more safe because I download a lot of files from different websites and I need something to protect me more than just the built-in antivirus.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
having an antivirus in an android phone is close to irrelevant unless you do not have an ad blocker (non rooted phones users can look at DNS66 or Blockada v3) or if the browser has a built in ad blocker (brave browser) or you can even load up ublock origin (Kiwi Browser), and you constantly visit cracked apps and install cracked apps into your phone.

Edit: One suggestion: look into Greenify. even not rooted, this program works very well.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
having an antivirus in an android phone is close to irrelevant unless you do not have an ad blocker (non rooted phones users can look at DNS66 or Blockada v3) or if the browser has a built in ad blocker (brave browser) or you can even load up ublock origin (Kiwi Browser), and you constantly visit cracked apps and install cracked apps into your phone.

Edit: One suggestion: look into Greenify. even not rooted, this program works very well.
I will look into it... Thanks for the suggestion :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.