Assigned Zemana Anti-Malware 2.0

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
New version available.
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.18.1.519 Beta
Friday, November 27, 2015 4:45 PM
  • Fixed an issue with excluded folders
  • Improved digital signature verification
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements
Known Issues

And here are the Links for it

http://cdn9.zemana.com/AntiMalware/2.18.1.519/Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.exe
http://cdn9.zemana.com/AntiMalware/2.18.1.519/Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe

With best Regards
Mops21

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Does the anti-malware requires to connect to web if need to scan?
Just now tried to right-click scan a USB drive. It say connecting to web. But I didn't connect to Wifi that time.
So if there is no Wifi, I couldn't scan any files?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@CMLew: Yes you need to connect to the web to scan and upload for possible premature files, if I'm not mistaken there is no option to scan for offline like using heuristic sensitivity.

Reactions: Kent

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
@CMLew: Yes you need to connect to the web to scan and upload for possible premature files, if I'm not mistaken there is no option to scan for offline like using heuristic sensitivity.

So I can assume without web connectivity, the ZAM basically crippled since there is no scanning conducted even on real-time?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@CMLew: As far I can tell, since their description of their product is cloud based scanner hence everything are rely on internet.

Well the Real-Time protection is still in beta and unsure about the overall concept.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Does the anti-malware requires to connect to web if need to scan?
Just now tried to right-click scan a USB drive. It say connecting to web. But I didn't connect to Wifi that time.
So if there is no Wifi, I couldn't scan any files?

How the realtime protection works
2. ZAM has IntelliGuard+ Technology which has a signature database which is updated twice an hour (30 mins). It enables ZAM to detect malicious files without asking them to cloud so it doesn't increase cloud load and makes it faster to detect malicious files.

3. ZAM also has Pandora Technology which analyses unknown files in the cloud before they execute on your PC. If you turn this off, unknown files will be allowed to execute and in the mean time, they will be sent to cloud for analysis. If the file in question is detected, ZAM will automatically start a smart scan to clean your PC.

4. ZAM has a filter driver and process creation callbacks which is capable of monitoring files before they execute. So when ever an execution attempt takes place, the executable file gets scanned by IntelliGuard+, ZAM Cloud, Pandora and Reputation System and if it found to be safe, it will be allowed. "

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
How the realtime protection works
3. ZAM also has Pandora Technology which analyses unknown files in the cloud before they execute on your PC. If you turn this off, unknown files will be allowed to execute and in the mean time, they will be sent to cloud for analysis. If the file in question is detected, ZAM will automatically start a smart scan to clean your PC.
"

Thanks @Janl92l for the clarification.
I remember that time I did turn on the Pandora, but no connectivity. Hence in this case, will the file still allowed to be executed? or blocked/ trigger alarm? or it will be scanned via IntelliGuard+ like you mentioned?

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Reactions: Moose and frogboy

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Zemana Anti-Malware 2.19.1.502 Beta

Friday, December 4, 2015 3:04 PM
  • Highly improved IntelliGuard+ database
    • This version updates signatures every five minutes and thus it is much more responsive at detecting zero-day threats
  • Major improvements in real time protection module
  • Improved user experience in real time protection alert handling
    • Changed alert style
    • Added an option to ask user
  • Improved browser extension cleaning
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements
Zemana AntiLogger - The #1 Privacy Protection Software

http://cdn9.zemana.com/AntiMalware/2.19.1.502/Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.exe
http://cdn9.zemana.com/AntiMalware/2.19.1.502/Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.