Assigned Zemana Anti-Malware 2.0

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is Zemana Antimalware same as Hitman Pro?

Most likely, but could differ in what engines are used.
Edit: http://malwaretips.com/threads/zemana-anti-malware-2-0-beta.41014/page-2#post-337562

It's only a cloud scan? or include real time defense?

Look at their FAQ page.

+ Does Zemana AntiMalware replace my antivirus software?
Zemana AntiMalware is not a complete anti-virus solution. It is more of a second opinion scanner. We recommend using Zemana AntiMalware along with good anti-virus and firewall software to ensure overall protection of your PC.

+ Does Zemana AntMalware have real-time protection?
No. There is no real-time scanning functionality; you must initiate a scan.

+ Do you have a free version of Zemana AntiMalware?
No, but we are giving away free lifetime licenses to our beta testers. You can also use your license with the final releases.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Very good detection,no conflicts,seem very light on the PC.
Big update with changes tomorrow. Let see what happen!
I think that is going to be a keeper!

Reactions: nissimezra
G

Guest28

Thread author
Update i did some testing...... The detection rates are not on par yet as you can see in the screenshots. the file dopdf is malicious https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...a92d6ced8c80414e9875bbeb/analysis/1421898892/ and is not detected by zemana...... but the engines that are incorporated into the program should have detected this file this is very strange this is a beta tho....

hi.jpg
hi1.png

Reactions: Nevi and nissimezra
Y

yigido

Thread author
New Beta released!
You will be notified in the interface ;)
Zemana Anti-Malware 2.1.1.543
Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:57 PM
  • Changed "Clean" button caption to "Apply Actions" (Thanks to Bekir Ucarci)
  • Added engine selection panel to settings (Thanks to Sinisa Sinkovic)
  • Double clicking on reports page opens reports (Thanks to Philip Ruben)
  • Some language improvements (Thanks to Sinisa Sinkovic)
  • Fixed Send Feedback links
  • Added an arrow right before "Cleaning Actions" to indicate it is dropdown
  • Fixed an issue with licensing
  • Fixed a BSOD related to registry parser
  • Added "Disable Tray Notifications" options
  • Other minor improvements and fixes

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Zemana AntiMalware before came to be a rebranded type of Hitman Pro but different versions and engine use.

So seems this latest version is already out of the picture to be said still a shadow of HMP rather thsn focusing on the license engines they will use.

How does it compare to herdProtect? I assume Zemana has far less false positives.

Herdprotect have huge numerous engine which can determine already the exist of FP rates, Zemana like HMP where taking license engine as few but surely effective in detection and removal basis.

Reactions: Nevi and BoraMurdar

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Been keeping track of this, the new update has fixed BSOD than Zemana was causing on my system.
running smooth now, I think this new incarnation of Zamana might be stiff competition for surfright's Hitman Pro.

Reactions: Nevi
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Zemana still has "Upload Failed" issue, they should fix it. HMP doesn't have any problems like that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.