Battle Zemana AntiLogger vs SecureAPlus Fremium

cyberfort

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
I am using Zemana Anti-logger in my PC and i also have a lifetime license for it but there is no program update recently
and i am facing an issue that somtimes i am unable to type anything on keyboard may be because of the anti-logger working incorrectly , it works fine when i turn off ZAL

i was thinking of changing to some other secondary scanner, what are your opinions about SecureAplus Fremium ?

Reactions: AtlBo

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum although SAP has more engines "a priory" than ZAM/ZAL, most of them are useless, probably best ones are ESET, Avira, but most of the time seems SAP has delayed cloud signatures... I'm a bit disappointed with that, BUT the anti-exe/lockdown module is really great and powerful!

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hum although SAP has more engines "a priory" than ZAM/ZAL, most of them are useless, probably best ones are ESET, Avira, but most of the time seems SAP has delayed cloud signatures... I'm a bit disappointed with that, BUT the anti-exe/lockdown module is really great and powerful!
aren't you confusing their own engines they license and the VT scan that you can additionally initiate?

Reactions: simmerskool

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Should be any difference? SAP Free only has 1 offline engine (ClamAV), You must pay for Avira offline extra engine... all the others I guess are licensed cloud engines... I have been testing it with many samples packs in a different forum, and Yes I compare VT engines detections with "theoretically" same engines detections in SAP, and very frequently don't match at all... that's why I said that probably SAP engines have delayed signatures...

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Should be any difference? SAP Free only has 1 offline engine (ClamAV), You must pay for Avira offline extra engine... all the others I guess are licensed cloud engines... I have been testing it with many samples packs in a different forum, and Yes I compare VT engines detections with "theoretically" same engines detections in SAP, and very frequently don't match at all... that's why I said that probably SAP engines have delayed signatures...
well SAP has their licensed online engines, like Avira and ESET and then you can make a cloud scan that is literally a VT scan.
the two aren't the same tho, since we know VT doesn't get delayed stuff.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
As always when it comes to anything that has to do with the cloud, there is a doubt about privacy: it is true that SecureAPlus sends online only the hash of most of the files on the computer, however, if a file is new (i.e., never encountered before), with all probability, it will be posted online (the entire file) for analysis purpose.

"Certain program files on your computer that are identified by SECUREAPLUS SOFTWARE as new and not found in SECUREAPLUS UNIVERSAL AV SERVER will also be uploaded from time to time."

More:

"Upload of file hashes and program files – File hashes of exe, DLL, msi, scripts and other relevant executable programs on your computer will be uploaded to Universal AV server automatically after installation and from time to time. Certain program files on your computer that are identified by SECUREAPLUS SOFTWARE as new and not found in SECUREAPLUS UNIVERSAL AV SERVER will also be uploaded from time to time. This is solely for the purpose of file scanning and identification of any possible malware detected on your computer.

* "None of your document files will be uploaded from your computer to SECUREAPLUS UNIVERSAL AV SERVER since the document files scanning is performed by SecureAPlus antivirus component that is installed on the computer."

* You have to trust the rules/policy of privacy are completely followed

Privacy Policy | SecureAPlus

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I kept having problems with Secureaplus not connecting to there server way too often so gave up on it, anyone else have this same problem?

Reactions: AtlBo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.