Assigned Zemana Antimalware 3.0 FREE - Discussion & Support Thread

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I hope, there will an unsigned portable version as well to remove persistent malware, blocked AVs based on the name and the certificate.

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Hello @robboman , could you please post a screenshot?

Thank you.

Yes sure just uploaded. It detected the installer first, and later a file dropped by the installer.

Attachments

• detection.jpg
    detection.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 512

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
This is just quality of life suggestion , but im using chrome flag:

Block unsafe downloads over insecure connections

Disallows downloads of unsafe files (files that can potentially execute code), where the final download origin or any origin in the redirect chain is insecure. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android
#disallow-unsafe-http-downloads

wich wont allow me download zemana from your official site, i usually just open up edge and download it with it
Malwarebytes used to block Zemanas site, but nowadays its fine

Not sure if it matters at all, but just wanted to post it ( not sure if google (ever) tends to run such setting as default on their browser someday)

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
In the beta version of version 3 there exist a kernel driver amdrv.sys that contiunues tracking after unistall. This driver now will be removed properly?

@JM Safe Has this issue been resolved yet? And has driver been changed in Zemana Free 2.74.2.664? I would like to use a free version as a 2nd opinion scanner only. I'm not interested in a Premium Beta. TIA.

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@JM Safe Has this issue been resolved yet? And has driver been changed in Zemana Free 2.74.2.664? I would like to use a free version as a 2nd opinion scanner only. I'm not interested in a Premium Beta. TIA.
Hello @oldschool ,if you are using the latest version of ZAM 3.0 you can safely remove the driver file (the uninstaller of the latest version should already remove it). However yes, we changed our ZAM 2 driver because we fixed a security vulnerability.

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Guys: about drivers, amdrv.sys is the old driver of ZAM 3.0, newer driver is amsdk.sys and we already remove it with uninstaller. About the removal of old driver (amdrv.sys we will consider to remove it, possibly after Beta).

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Is there real-time protection in the v3.0 of Zemana Free? It seems to be on by default. Is it available for Free or only during Trial?

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.