Assigned Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 Premium Beta is here!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Rest In Peace zemana it was a good run. In my mind it’s officially dead now...
Sadly, I must agree. Since v3 the product changed and not for good. They promised a marvelous re-engineering of the product and it's literally the same, only now FP are insanely higher and even if you report them FP they are still detected; to a point I don't even recommend it as a second opinion scanner anymore.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The following are rebrands of Zemana v2 (but none of them are free), which is generally considered to be better than v3.
  • iolo Malware Killer
  • MalwareFox
  • STOPzilla AntiMalware
They may be of interest, as v2 versions of Zemana itself, no longer work. If you run Zemana v2 it automatically updates to v3. If you cancel the download of v3, it is unable run scans. I have no idea if or when any of these rebrands will be updated to v3.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It is the same product. 2 dont work and 3 is only false positives.
These re brands are in version 2 so i doubt that they offer any protection.
Yes they are the same, that is what rebrands are. As far as I know, they will work. If they did not work, they would have been either changed to rebrands of Zemana v3, or they would have stopped selling them.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Yes they are the same, that is what rebrands are. As far as I know, they will work. If they did not work, they would have been either changed to rebrands of Zemana v3, or they would have stopped selling them.
In such cases, what kind of deployment will these softwares have in the future? Simply changing to another brand can be confusing to users.:unsure:

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
The following are rebrands of Zemana v2 (but none of them are free), which is generally considered to be better than v3.
  • iolo Malware Killer
  • MalwareFox
  • STOPzilla AntiMalware
They may be of interest, as v2 versions of Zemana itself, no longer work. If you run Zemana v2 it automatically updates to v3. If you cancel the download of v3, it is unable run scans. I have no idea if or when any of these rebrands will be updated to v3.
Let's not forget....
Watchdog Anti-Malware

vonvon

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Just a question to you, competent peoples, I received today a 50% discount offer for zemana antimalware. Does it make sense to buy it ? My security system is Kaspersky IS on one computer and Eset IS on another one ?
Thank you for your help.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Zemana AntiMalware 3.2.11 Beta
  • Deep Scan feature is now available.
  • Scan engine improvements.
  • Suspicious file detection and FP improvements.
  • Localization bug fixes.
  • Frech and Dutch language support.
  • Other various bug fixes and improvements.

Haven't used it since version 2 Wich had been pretty good at detection of some scripts but haven't used it since anyway how is it nowadays ?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I was a fan of Zemana in the Olden Days (and Ida was very nice), this latest incarnation leaves a bit to be desired. Just a fairly easy test yielded:

1). Although an on-demand scan of a given file will detect the file, actually running that file will lead to infection This was doe using various ransomware samples)
2). Covert a vbs worm to a executable and ZAM in may case will detect them; leave them as vbs files and infection will occur. What can be seen here is that ZAM seems to be blind to malware that are not executable files. Stuff like malware occurring as Powershell, jScript, scr, etc will cause system infection.
3). Other nastier things also led to system infection, but why darken the day further?

All in all, it seems that Zemana has actually taken a step backward with 3.2.1.1 beta.

M

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.