App Review Zemana AntiMalware vs some Worms

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
I totally agree with you. You certainly have been releasing betas at a fast and furious rate with significant improvements in each build (which in itself speaks highly of the Development Team). I do have ZAM scheduled for a redo when the beta is finalized. I'm actually anticipating perfection on this area.

In the Worm video series, as I used the current released versions of Malwarebytes and NitmanPro (both of which ZAM surpassed) this precluded me (in fairness) from using a ZAM beta.

And thank you for your presence here at MT!

M

Thank you for your nice words :) And you are very welcome, I enjoy being a part of this amazing forum! :)

Regards,

Ida

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Still an effort where Zemana AM can clearly remove as possible those worms, in such infection system scenarion we need a lot of tools in order to clean them out and consider free.

Multi engines have always an edge than single one but still the sophisticated threats are always outburst.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
I understand the need of fairness.
Considering the fact that this is a weak point of many AVs and that soon these worms won't be 0 day anymore, can you test them again against betas of Zemana, Emsisoft AM/IS 11 and for fairness of MB and HMP?
Or could you please test Zemana and Emsi against other persistent worms like the ones used in this review? It would be very interesting to see how these AV are already performing, if they really can close this detection gap ! Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: iIda15

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Multi engines have always an edge than single one.
Not always, not at all. one engine like MBAM can do better then multi engine. startup and tasks are the most important areas and not all AV's and scanners do a clean in this area

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
Not always, not at all. one engine like MBAM can do better then multi engine. startup and tasks are the most important areas and not all AV's and scanners do a clean in this area
Currently, at least 300,000 malware threats are detected daily. Not all engines can detect all threats, so one antivirus engine is no longer enough.

You can see how MBAM performed:
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q3-2015.pdf

Best regards,

Ida

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@done: Well in such circumstances, there's an edge but of course considering the possible opposite sides like performance stability and FP rates. Usually the percentage of increase is minimal within margin.

Reactions: LabZero

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Currently, at least 300,000 malware threats are detected daily. Not all engines can detect all threats, so one antivirus engine is no longer enough.

You can see how MBAM performed:
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q3-2015.pdf

Best regards,

Ida
Hi Ida
I did not mean that MBAM is better not at all. What I said not always more engines are better.
My example is Qihoo (and again it has nothing to do with ZAM) it has BD and Avira engiens once you disconnect it from the internet you'll be left with avira and bd. well guess what, both engines will not detect half of the cloud engine. so yes it should be better but it is not. I guess they are buying older signature or something like that I don't know what I do know that it is useless to use these engines.

I do have the life time licences for ZAM (very much appricieted) but I never used it yet, but I will. I'm using eset rescue cd, msert.exe & WD offline, combofix and I've started to use MBAM.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Reactions: iIda15

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
There is many reasons why I no longer use Malwarebytes or Hitmanpro. I'd also like to see these be as light as Zemana on real time scanning (Malwarebytes is heavy, and Hitmanpro has no real time). Removal is also repeatedly better than the others on tests around the web (including my own) so I wholeheartedly recommend Zemana as both on demand and second opinion real time to run beside AV instead of something like Malwarebytes.

iIda15

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 10, 2015
Hi Ida
I did not mean that MBAM is better not at all. What I said not always more engines are better.
My example is Qihoo (and again it has nothing to do with ZAM) it has BD and Avira engiens once you disconnect it from the internet you'll be left with avira and bd. well guess what, both engines will not detect half of the cloud engine. so yes it should be better but it is not. I guess they are buying older signature or something like that I don't know what I do know that it is useless to use these engines.

I do have the life time licences for ZAM (very much appricieted) but I never used it yet, but I will. I'm using eset rescue cd, msert.exe & WD offline, combofix and I've started to use MBAM.

Kind regards

Hello,
Thanks for your reply I totally understand you, I was also just trying to make a point on my own. And please feel try to try out Zemana AntiMalware, you will see the difference :) and I am sure you will enjoy using it. :)

There is many reasons why I no longer use Malwarebytes or Hitmanpro. I'd also like to see these be as light as Zemana on real time scanning (Malwarebytes is heavy, and Hitmanpro has no real time). Removal is also repeatedly better than the others on tests around the web (including my own) so I wholeheartedly recommend Zemana as both on demand and second opinion real time to run beside AV instead of something like Malwarebytes.

Can I just say that this means so much to the whole Zemana team? Thank you so much! We love you :))

Best regards,

Ida

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
My answer was related to your reply and not Qihoo.
"One engine like MBAM can do better than multi engine"
Do you have reports that demonstrate this??
Share them!!
Or you make statements without proving them??
I don't trust reports. It is not a statement it's an opinion (from 10 years working experience). And yes MBAM and even msert.exe could do better than multiple engine like hitmanpro I don't use it coz it has a lot of fp's. Man when you are working on corporate users you don't want some thing like bitdeffender deleting a pst file, better be safe than sorry.

Reactions: LabZero and upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.