Assigned Zemana... Impossible!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Well, I'll tell you about my experience with zemana tickets. First I reported that zam was not compatible with the integrated protection of windows as is the protection of memory integrity. Then they passed the problem to the developers and then to the tech team. Then, several days passed since my report, I asked for news in the case and I was told that it was a problem with my windows account, which did not have administrator permissions. So I gave up answering. It's impossible! Thank you very much. Greetings to all.

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
It is impossible for me to remember how many people I know with free life license and how many with a free license for a year, however, I do not know personally anyone who has paid for using this software.
It's sad, but I don't have to be a financial wise man to understand that business is not feasible.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
They probably just have priority on enterprises

But somekind of update cycle on ZAM would be nice, to tell something is happening with the product atleast

Its new company for me, been malwarebytes user for long time and when i joined MalwareTips, it were first time i got to hear about zemana

Would be sad to see them go downhill, because im really enjoying using ZAM tho

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
despite the way the company works, zemana is still the best second opinion scanner, IMO, period

I just scanned a few PCs (protected by avast and unchecky, set up by me) recently with 3 second opinion scanners: zemana, EEK and hitmanpro. I haven't touched them for years
EEK and hitmanpro found absolute nothing
zemana found a few PUPs and suspicious extensions, injected to chrome and firefox, no malware

PUPs, extensions and malicious system changes are the strength of zemana while HMP and EEK (and NPE) usually miss
malwarebytes is also good at disinfection even though the signatures are bad

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I imagine MT ever without personal attacks. Is it too much to expect?
Freedom of speech, the way it should be, it is an opinion regardless of the attitude. People get easily offended, when you attack their belief, whenever it is based on facts or believes of another user. If you do not like it, you can always click on user's profile - Ignore (all future posts).

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It is impossible for me to remember how many people I know with free life license and how many with a free license for a year, however, I do not know personally anyone who has paid for using this software.
It's sad, but I don't have to be a financial wise man to understand that business is not feasible.
The issue pops up a lot in cyber security. Zemana should have said no to those with their hands out maybe issuing a 6mos to 1yr key for beta testers and base it on the amount of quality feedback.
Entitlement is not good for businesses or the often kind hearted folks that run them.
I started beta testing for game publishers like EA and UBI a very long time ago, can you imagine if UBI for instance gave a free game to all testers. They make tons more money than these smaller software companies. It is almost cheaper for Security Software companies to hire 10 "in-house" beta testers full time, than try to hand out dozens, hundreds at times of free software copies to testers who at times can't even be bothered to leave quality feedback, and were never promised a thing from the beginning, its crazy.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Well, I'll tell you about my experience with zemana tickets. First I reported that zam was not compatible with the integrated protection of windows as is the protection of memory integrity. Then they passed the problem to the developers and then to the tech team. Then, several days passed since my report, I asked for news in the case and I was told that it was a problem with my windows account, which did not have administrator permissions. So I gave up answering. It's impossible! Thank you very much. Greetings to all.

Zemana.png

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
stay tunned :D
Miss O, Once upon the time, I was one of Zemana's die-hard fan(boy)s. I have put my own reputation online to recommend the products to friends and likes. This time around, if, perhaps a big if, that Zemana could resurface from the six feet down, it may have to DO plenty of TELL and SHOW----namely, to tell us why it is better now and to show us what it can perform better than others, and most importantly, why would we TRUST you again.
Keep everyone's fingers crossed.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
@Miss Onnellisuus, Welcome to MT.

Your avatar indicates a possible connection with Zemana... Are you an employee?

It would be great to have a Zemana rep here at MT.

Thank you Burrito and yes,, I am an employee at Zemana and from now on I will be present here more. ( Also our product owner will be present here too :)) We are going to try communicate more with you guys. Your opinion matters to us and this time we are going to try regain your trust!

For any post related to Zemana feel free to tag me :D.

Cheers!

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Miss O, Once upon the time, I was one of Zemana's die-hard fan(boy)s. I have put my own reputation online to recommend the products to friends and likes. This time around, if, perhaps a big if, that Zemana could resurface from the six feet down, it may have to DO plenty of TELL and SHOW----namely, to tell us why it is better now and to show us what it can perform better than others, and most importantly, why would we TRUST you again.
Keep everyone's fingers crossed.

Hello dragongate888 , I know we have to make it up to you guys, especially to the people like you who recommended us and believed in us. Our company is going trough big changes but this time we are putting our users on a first place. We are aware that the trust has been lost but I promise we are rising and this time delivering our promises!

Stay tunned :D!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.