Assigned Zemana... Impossible!

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
D

Deleted member 178

@Miss Onnellisuus first things first, can we have a better licensing system... I'm tired of asking the support (then wait a reply) to reset my license after a clean install or when I want move Zemana to another machine, a portal where the user can unbind a license from a machine would be appreciated.and it would reduce the load on the support team. Adguard do it, zemana can as well.

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There are cruel facts for any business trying to get NEW feet wet back in a self-abandoned territory. Even there is a solid product ready to make a debut.
Are you prepared to relaunch a product line which may not bring in single $, in the first couple years ? except to keep giving away free trials? to regain users' trust ? Those who have used product before, may have found something else trustworthy and comfortable. Why on earth would they ditch even few $ to try new product ?

D

Deleted member 178

There are cruel facts for any business trying to get NEW feet wet back in a self-abandoned territory. Even there is a solid product ready to make a debut.
Are you prepared to relaunch a product line which may not bring in single $, in the first couple years ? except to keep giving away free trials? to regain users' trust ? Those who have used product before, may have found something else trustworthy and comfortable. Why on earth would they ditch even few $ to try new product ?
Habits and familiarity, for example i ditched my favorite apps, Comodo Is, few years ago because a very annoying bug, I wont use it until they fix it. Once I will be satisfied, I have no reasons not to go back to it.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I think Zemana is still in peoples memory as a good product, it wasn't that long ago it was first class. I would use it again, & I only have a a paid sub for ZAM with a few months left & a couple (well maybe more) of lifetimes for ZAL. But with me if a product is good I will buy it :)

Songoku

Level 1
Oct 18, 2018
I would expect to something new rather than unkept promise of Zemana Ultimate. :D I believe they will come up with some explanation for ZAU but, lets face it.. water under bridge.. So i prefer seeing something totally new and improved...

It doesn't matter whether you call it "Ultimate" or "Pro", the point is that it does the job!.
I believe they are smart and that probably Zemana will release something new (maybe detection based on AI and ML).

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
@Miss Onnellisuus first things first, can we have a better licensing system... I'm tired of asking the support (then wait a reply) to reset my license after a clean install or when I want move Zemana to another machine, a portal where the user can unbind a license from a machine would be appreciated.and it would reduce the load on the support team. Adguard do it, zemana can as well.

Yes Umbra that is definitly something we have to change. We already started to work on this and our our licensing system should be improved very soon. :)

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
@Miss Onnellisuus - there is another thing needs to be put right with ZAM. For some strange reason I haven't figured yet, Zemana uses a randomly named file in a random path in %user\temp%, which sets off all sorts of alam bells on my box. Neither CryptoPrevent nor Voodoshield can detect a parent process for these upgrade/update files, so they get killed. The practice is very reminiscent of a lot of malware, and fills me with no confidence. It's the basic reason I uninstalled ZAM a week ago, along with no visible signs of activity from Zemana itself. It would be better to use a dedicated Zemana folder in %users\roaming% for updates, and give the update a birth certificate.

You never know, I could be persuaded to buy a licence, although ZAM only got used once a month as a fail-safe scanner.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
@Miss Onnellisuus - there is another thing needs to be put right with ZAM. For some strange reason I haven't figured yet, Zemana uses a randomly named file in a random path in %user\temp%, which sets off all sorts of alam bells on my box. Neither CryptoPrevent nor Voodoshield can detect a parent process for these upgrade/update files, so they get killed. The practice is very reminiscent of a lot of malware, and fills me with no confidence. It's the basic reason I uninstalled ZAM a week ago, along with no visible signs of activity from Zemana itself. It would be better to use a dedicated Zemana folder in %users\roaming% for updates, and give the update a birth certificate.

You never know, I could be persuaded to buy a licence, although ZAM only got used once a month as a fail-safe scanner.

Hello @gorblimey This logic will be changed in a new version. Stay tuned :)

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Hey, Lobito Punky: I commend you on the extraordinary timing of your original post. After the long Zemana silence, who would've expected, right? :coffee: :emoji_popcorn:

Actually mister @ForgottenSeer 58943 put us in a grave, so we were digging our way out on a surface :). Anyway we are here now, and I think @Lobito Punky does not mind that we walked in his thread, right?

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Zemana is a very good and solid product in my opinion. Hope to see new updates soon :)

@JM Security you and me both - you and me both! So happy and excited about this. Woohooo!!! I have been a long time user now and as soon as I heard about Zemana I started using their products. Crazy enough it was MT that really introduced me to Zemana along with friends. Now I have a few dozen friends using Zemana (ZAM/ZAL), my family uses Zemana (ZAL), and all of my computers that I use has ZAL on them.

Well seems you are saying sorry & for me that goes a long, long way. I really hope you can fulfil your hopes as we need a product such as Zemana was. Norton lost the plot totally (with bells on) a few years ago yet I have Norton on this PC now. Hope you sort things out ! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

@Music4Ever you are right - coming out and saying sorry and being honest goes a very long way in my humble opinion too. I say (y)(y)(y)(y)

Wow guys I am really happy that you show this much interest in this thread. I completely agree with you, we have some much work to do before you actually believe anything we say. Also thank you for your suggestions, maybe we should hire some of you in the future :D

Anyway, we have been reading your threads for a while and even we know we failed you in so many ways, there were some pretty creative comments that made us laugh and seriously thank you for that.

At the moment I can not comment anything about giveaways, you also said it we had it a lot in the past. ( Even the pets of some of you have a lifetime licenses lol) However, we will focus on delivering you a better product, better detection, faster scanner and similar.

Like I said in one of my previous comment, our company is going trough big changes and we have a really positive attitude about regaining your trust.This is a community where everything for Zemana started, so facing you guys, took a lot of courage for us.
Coming here is just one step we took, and there are so many steps that needs to be taken. But hey, step by step, right?

We have plans for Beta testing but I will give you more details on Monday so stay tuned :D

@Umbra you read my mind about this one. I had to do a clean install a while back and before even doing the clean install I requested a reset, because I knew how much time it would take. Thankfully, I have always had great support (for myself personally) and it was reset relatively fast. Having a good licensing system makes a world of a difference.

Yes Umbra that is definitly something we have to change. We already started to work on this and our our licensing system should be improved very soon. :)

@Miss Onnellisuus so happy to hear that the licensing system is something that will be changed in the near future. I strongly believe this will help the ticketing queue and the support system as a whole. I'm sure you could look around for great examples of licensing systems, but if you'd ever like my input I would be glad to assist.

All in all - Lots of great thoughts going around already. I'm happy to see these discussions and again, I am ecstatic to hear about Zemana's outreach to MT. :love::cool: Please continue your great outreach here @Miss Onnellisuus (y)(y):emoji_clap::emoji_pray:

Cheers!

~Brian

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.