Thread author
Verified
Feb 25, 2014
but it's annoying me and i've been disabling it sins 2010 and there is no harm

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
It's not annoying. If u mistakenly click on malicious file or u click on a file which is actually malicious which u don't know will harm ur PC but if u enable UAC then it will prompt u & ask u to allow or not. So malicious programs or files can't run automatically mostly if u enable UAC.

I

illumination

but it's annoying me and i've been disabling it sins 2010 and there is no harm

UAC is an important part of your computers security.
Which Changes Require Administrative Privileges in Windows?
There are many changes which require administrative privileges and, depending on how UAC is configured, they can cause an UAC prompt to show up and ask for permission. These are the following:

• Running an application as administrator
  • Changes to system-wide settings or to files in the Windows or Program Files folders
  • Installing and uninstalling drivers & applications
  • Installing ActiveX controls
  • Changing settings to the Windows Firewall
  • Changing UAC settings
  • Configuring Windows Update
  • Adding or removing user accounts
  • Changing a user’s account type
  • Configuring Parental Controls or Family Safety
  • Running Task Scheduler
  • Restoring backed-up system files
  • Viewing or changing another user’s folders and files
  • Changing the system date and time

uac_zpsea49825d.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I will have to agree, enabled UAC because it runs at OS level above all other software including security software.
It has the ability to block malware not detected by any security product if you pay attention to its prompts and never approve anything that you are not sure is safe. UAC is the best protection you can get for your system.

Enjoy!! :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes it is good browser :) The developer of this browser said;
he won't use Australis suck, he will remove Firefox ads in the future :rolleyes:
Because of this I will change my Firefox to Cyberfox :cool:

Do u know any light browser which can run in sandbox? chrome takes over 1.2 gb & slows my pc down even i not use addons , also not opens too many tabs. I use chrome coz i luv disconnect, adblock like addons :)

Y

yigido

Do u know any light browser which can run in sandbox? chrome takes over 1.2 gb & slows my pc down even i not use addons , also not opens too many tabs. I use chrome coz i luv disconnect, adblock like addons :)
Sorry for the question I do not know about..you can use these add-ons in Cyberfox also.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I liked your configuration:) (Thanks for sharing it!) particularly as I've read about your many extensions, & use 2 of them (adbockplus & HTTP Everywhere) you've listed, & even Zemana too!;) I agree w/Koroke San. Firefox is my favorite even as it's memory usage makes speed only a memory...
I may try yigido's recommendation of Cyberfox, but also strongly urge you to look more closely at activating your UAC. I used to feel annoyed, just like you, by what turned out to be everything every one of the many wise individuals here have been saying in order to encourage your letting Windows 7 UAC help you protect the system's longer life & integrity!:):D

zikoeidos

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 25, 2014
i don't use the both VPNs at the same time but now i use only cyberghost and ihave alot of programes i didn't mention theme

I

illumination

i don't use the both VPNs at the same time but now i use only cyberghost and ihave alot of programes i didn't mention theme
I was just curious if the driver from the one, messed with the other..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.