App Review Zillya Total Security 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Zillya test!
Zillya is a Ukrainian company, very little known.
The publisher has been offering its software Zillya for several years.
At the beginning, a free version was offered, but stopped in favor of its paid versions but ... will it protect us?

The interface is beautiful! I really like the transitions, it's clear and very detailed. The antivirus has been configured in Maximum mode so that it can give all its chances.

Unfortunately, Zillya was unlucky because it was a fiasco! A disaster!
Zillya has a very poor detection rate for malware!
Its HIPS is quite weird, blocking 2 malwares, but left big infections (Infostealer, AgentTesla, RAT activity, PowerShell injection etc) . All passed !

On the pack, Zillya claims to detect 564 but actually detects 167...
Some very big infections are passed (Patcher, worms, viruses etc). The machine becomes very slow quickly that I had to restart it by force to continue, but without change, the machine is re-infected at high speed

Very disappointed with this product, it looked convincing when you see its many settings, but behind, the defenses and its engine does not follow ...
Zillya is not at all an antivirus to recommend to protect you.

RAM Usage : High
Phishing Test : 0/4 (included 2 bonus URL)
Malware URL test : 3/10 (7 undetected, VM very infected !!)
Fake crack : 0,10/1 (too many infections go undetected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 875 files to 1042 malwares (Windows marks 1031 because Zillya has disinfected some files, but the machine dies quickly)
Home Malware : 0/1 => End of the test

Request by @SFox

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Another indian antivirus that very few people have tested at all, at least I have not seen a single test -Qick Heal Internet Securuty. And the license is from $ 40.
You can put it in the queue for a test :) And then tests of popular antiviruses are often done, I would like to see tests of little-known antiviruses, it is possible that among them there are also not bad programs.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Another indian antivirus that very few people have tested at all, at least I have not seen a single test -Qick Heal Internet Securuty. And the license is from $ 40.
You can put it in the queue for a test :) And then tests of popular antiviruses are often done, I would like to see tests of little-known antiviruses, it is possible that among them there are also not bad programs.
Quick Heal has been tested in the malware hub in the past. As you can see below. It has bad signatures, but reasonable behaviour blocking. You can buy a license for just a few dollars from Amazon India, but I would advise against it, unless like you me you like testing different antiviruses. In the past, one of its editions used Bitdefender signatures alongside their own. But a few years ago, they stopped using BD signatures.

I've tried pretty much every little known antivirus, and with very few exceptions they are terrible at detecting malware. I'd like to see some tested here, just to see how much worse they are than big name antiviruses at detecting recent malware. But there are none that I'd recommend using.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I've tried pretty much every little known antivirus, and with very few exceptions they are terrible at detecting malware. I'd like to see some tested here, just to see how much worse they are than big name antiviruses at detecting recent malware. But there are none that I'd recommend using.
I agree that little-known antiviruses have poor detection in general, because they do not have the financial capabilities, infrastructure, programmers that large companies have. Although, for example, Emsisoft is not a large company, but produces a fairly good antivirus. I read a lot of comments here where they praised such a not-so-well-known antivirus like K7, so I thought that perhaps there are still pretty good ones among the little-known antiviruses.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Although, for example, Emsisoft is not a large company, but produces a fairly good antivirus. I read a lot of comments here where they praised such a not-so-well-known antivirus like K7, so I thought that perhaps there are still pretty good ones among the little-known antiviruses.
Emsisoft use Bitdefender signatures as well as their own, which certainly helps. K7 is decent, but this is a rare exception. AhnLab's V3 Lite is also not too bad. But almost all antivirus which just use their own signatures have terrible detection rates. Most antiviruses which are using Bitdefender or Avira signatures don't perform as well as the original products.

Usually lesser known products that provide decent protection get some attention, e.g. K7 and WiseVector. Lesser known products which have terrible detection rates tend to receive no attention.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.