vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Homepage: Ulaa - Private, Secure, and Superfast Browser
If you work in a business that gives you a work email address, there’s a good chance you’ve encountered Zoho. Zoho offers a whole range of services including email. Starting today, it’s also offering a new web browser called Ulaa which focuses on privacy, security, and productivity. While Zoho is pitching privacy as the main selling point of Ulaa, its productivity features make it stand out. It comes with a feature called Dynamic Mode Switching that offers Personal Mode, Work Mode, Developer Mode, Kids Mode, and Open Season Mode. By flipping to Work Mode, the browser grabs apps, websites, and extensions that people use most for work to help you be more productive. Of course, it also blocks those pesky websites that are known to distract you from your work.

Last edited by a moderator:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

What data does Ulaa collect from the users?​

It allows the addition of extensions directly from Chrome Web Store meaning it connects to Google.
I had only heard of zoho vaguely, just skimmed their website, business oriented. If you use Ulaa do you need a zoho account, if so, are you signed-in to zoho as you use Ulaa? Website is not clear (to me) -- I did not DL Ulaa...

Reactions: MuzzMelbourne

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
My first impression on Android: homepage with the usual bookmarks from Amazon, Facebook, Telegram etc. Alone this doesn't give me much confidence. The ad- and tracker blocking (in so called personal mode) is very weak. Put it mildly, it's not my cup of tea.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.