Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Version 1.0.0505 consults on 100 %. All files has restored.
Testers, it would be good once again to test. On my tests, result excellent. Although beta, testing began only.
hi, could you please elaborate more about the result? Did you mean ZAAR blocked 100% of the samples? thank you

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
If restore is disable, anti ransomware fail.
Yes, the restore feature is very important in the ZoneAlarm anti-ransomware. For some reason, the software allows the ransomware to modify the files and then stops the ransomware, after which it restores the files. I don't understand why the developers thought that this approach makes any sense, but it seems to be very effective if the restore is enabled:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Beta I know, but this seems like it could leave open the door for other types of malware to be bundled with ransomeware. So you might think you have gotten the malware when your files are recovered and the malware quarantined, but there is more hidden. If it's a decryption tool mostly, that's good as long as it works, but the worst malware will be that which is hidden in the system and can export your work and personal information.

Nice capability on the back end of overall protection. As mentioned, maybe a good software to add to solid setup, true enough...

Reactions: stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.