Serious Discussion ZoneAlarm by Check Point Info, Guides, Tests

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
For me the best way to tackle all sorts of phishing is just not to do anything an email tells me to do. I will log-in online and there I will be informed if I have to do anything. But the zero-phishing and the Harmony Email (which applies logic analysis on emails) purpose is to do the analysis that normally people may fail to do. Like it has the Microsoft logo, it looks like the Outlook log-in page, but the URL is microsoftpipitoday.online…

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
New: ZoneAlarm Phishing Quiz

10/10

Capture d’écran 2023-06-22 200813.png

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
For me the best way to tackle all sorts of phishing is just not to do anything an email tells me to do. I will log-in online and there I will be informed if I have to do anything.

Exactly. Your approach is much better than ZA test.
I mean, I disagree with ZA test, because if users are not reading, then does not make sense to test "phishing identification skills"... by reading texts or links. Users are not reading, period.
The ZA test may give a false feeling of false skills.
It's much better your way, to train users, for example, teaching them always to visit original webpages after a message (never click inside an email). If users are mouse-clicking stuff without reading, then OK, don't read the content but stop mouse-clicking stuff... and go to the original webpage.. that's all.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
It was a nice reminder of what to look for. I missed a couple. I Just figure everything coming into my inbox is phishing unless proven otherwise, so no one ever gets a reply back from me, not even my step-mom..."now, why isn't he replying back to my email...it's been 3 years"? 😅😅

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I partially installed the firewall and then I couldn't take ownership of the locked folder. Had to reset Windows.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Upon successful uninstall the ownership is changed. Prior to the uninstall you can’t touch this folder, it’s part of the self-protection.

It was partially installed and I couldn't take ownership to remove the orphan file. ZA Support did advise installing a legacy ZA product so all the files could be removed by a third party uninstaller. But a partial install means installing over it fails.

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
Upon successful uninstall the ownership is changed. Prior to the uninstall you can’t touch this folder, it’s part of the self-protection.
Hello,for your information... But maybe you already know because I've been away for almost a month... I ,after some printing blockages in particular, had a help from the support that allowed me to install a version BETA 4.2.114.19531 and I discover a control of the applications that has solved some problems encountered with the blocking of some applications

Attachments

• ZA CONTROL APPLICATIONS2023-07-12_230142.png
    ZA CONTROL APPLICATIONS2023-07-12_230142.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 107

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hello,for your information... But maybe you already know because I've been away for almost a month... I ,after some printing blockages in particular, had a help from the support that allowed me to install a version BETA 4.2.114.19531 and I discover a control of the applications that has solved some problems encountered with the blocking of some applications

Good! I was waiting for the App Control. Thank you.

Any news about the firewall? Is it still "on/off", or does it have granular control in beta version?

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
Good! I was waiting for the App Control. Thank you.

Any news about the firewall? Is it still "on/off", or does it have granular control in beta version?
No more problems. It's Ok now too.Windows firewall is disactived.I can activate or block the applications with Zone Alarm Firewall

Attachments

• ZA pare feu 2023-07-12_231649.png
    ZA pare feu 2023-07-12_231649.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 116
  • ZA APPLICATIONS2023-07-12_232150.png
    ZA APPLICATIONS2023-07-12_232150.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 128

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.